PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c253 SMB problem

Custom Search

TomaszW
11-16-2017, 09:35 AM
Hi,
we have 6 bizhubs in our company, and now only 2 can can to SMB. All of them have the same destination list. Our file server is on Windows server 2012r2. Credentials are ok- they work in 2 bizhubs and I can map drive with them on Windows. I can scan from machines with problems to PC with windows 7. On one machine it shows Server connection error, on second wrong user name.

Zesti
11-16-2017, 10:32 AM
Hi,
we have 6 bizhubs in our company, and now only 2 can can to SMB. All of them have the same destination list. Our file server is on Windows server 2012r2. Credentials are ok- they work in 2 bizhubs and I can map drive with them on Windows. I can scan from machines with problems to PC with windows 7. On one machine it shows Server connection error, on second wrong user name.

Check your network connectivity and correct credentials. Pl. specify again which version of win you are getting problem.Are you using IP's or Hot names for destination PC's. Do check ur machines IP conf for correct DNS and gateway etc.

TomaszW
11-16-2017, 10:56 AM
Check your network connectivity and correct credentials. Pl. specify again which version of win you are getting problem.Are you using IP's or Hot names for destination PC's. Do check ur machines IP conf for correct DNS and gateway etc.
Hi,
Credentials are ok,they work in other machines. We have Windows Server 2012 R2. I tried both IP and DNS name. Pings from machines are ok. Printing works normally. Scan to other PC with Windows 7 works.

Zesti
11-16-2017, 12:06 PM
Hi,
Credentials are ok,they work in other machines. We have Windows Server 2012 R2. I tried both IP and DNS name. Pings from machines are ok. Printing works normally. Scan to other PC with Windows 7 works.

Check network for proper termination. Check SMB ports on machine as well on server. What else can it be? :confused:

B0265
11-16-2017, 12:10 PM
Is SMBv1 disabled on the server?

TomaszW
11-16-2017, 12:39 PM
Check network for proper termination. Check SMB ports on machine as well on server. What else can it be? :confused:
On Minolta you can't choose port for SMB. I check link with my laptop and I can connect to the server, link speed is 1Gb.

I will turn it off later, after most of users stop working.

It is strange:
2 machnes working so it means that FS is working (same settings on machines)
on other machines I can scan to PC with Windows7, so it means that SMB on machines works too.

B0265
11-16-2017, 12:53 PM
If you enable "direct hosting" in the SMB settings on the MFP it will use port 445.
The C253 only supports SMBv1, check if it's already turned off.

Zesti
11-16-2017, 12:57 PM
Are you using same user id and password on all machines? You have a domain server or simple workgroup?
You scan to same folder on server from all machines?

Synthohol
11-16-2017, 01:16 PM
jump to page 3 for some possible relevant info.

D_L_P
11-16-2017, 01:39 PM
Hi,

If 2 of them are working it eliminates most all of the issues from the customers end. I'm assuming the 4 that don't work are on the same subnet as the file server? They need to be on the same subnet for SMB.
Then it points to a setting or firmware issue with the 4 that aren't working. If you can open up the web interface of one that works in one tab and one that doesn't in another tab and compare network and smb settings.

utility-> user settings-> printer settings-> print reports-> config

This report should have a firmware version.
gl

mo0651
11-16-2017, 02:05 PM
Set your machines to DHCP and let them pull info from the network. Then set back to static IP. Are they all the same model??

Phil B.
11-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Hi,

what PCs are having problems? Win10?

TomaszW
11-16-2017, 02:32 PM
If 2 of them are working it eliminates most all of the issues from the customers end. I'm assuming the 4 that don't work are on the same subnet as the file server? They need to be on the same subnet for SMB.
Then it points to a setting or firmware issue with the 4 that aren't working. If you can open up the web interface of one that works in one tab and one that doesn't in another tab and compare network and smb settings.

utility-> user settings-> printer settings-> print reports-> config

This report should have a firmware version.
gl
Hi all machines are in the same subnet. I change NTLM to v2. and enable "direct hosting". I resend address book from working machine(with Data Admin) and now it works. We have domain, and all machines have the same address book, so in case of failure we can replace machine from other floor. From Synthohol link I read that C253 supports only SMB v1. Only thing I don't know why it happen, maybe Windows Updates on FS.

what PCs are having problems? Win10?
Only on FileServer with Windows Server 2012 R2

Set your machines to DHCP and let them pull info from the network. Then set back to static IP. Are they all the same model??
I changed IP and it didn't help.

Thank you for your help.

emujo2
11-16-2017, 02:37 PM
Following up on Moose..Are all 6 of these C253 models? There was a recent security update to 2012R2 server that disabled SMBv1 to protect against "WannaCry". Older MFPs used SMBv1 and would suddenly halt after this update was installed. KM offered firmware updates to support SMBv2 on many devices, but I'm not sure how far back they went, I know the e and non e series was on the list. For some of these older MFPs there was no workaround other than scan to email or directing the SMB scans to a Win 7 folder. If they are the same model, verify firmware versions between working and non working. If they are a mix have your local KM rep find out if the C253 was included in the firmware release update. Just so everyone knows, we are going through the same issue with server 2016. Current models will not scan via SMB without a special firmware update. There is supposed to be a Maintenance release in Dec to support server 2016. Emujo

TomaszW
11-16-2017, 05:09 PM
Following up on Moose..Are all 6 of these C253 models? There was a recent security update to 2012R2 server that disabled SMBv1 to protect against "WannaCry". Older MFPs used SMBv1 and would suddenly halt after this update was installed. KM offered firmware updates to support SMBv2 on many devices, but I'm not sure how far back they went, I know the e and non e series was on the list. For some of these older MFPs there was no workaround other than scan to email or directing the SMB scans to a Win 7 folder. If they are the same model, verify firmware versions between working and non working. If they are a mix have your local KM rep find out if the C253 was included in the firmware release update. Just so everyone knows, we are going through the same issue with server 2016. Current models will not scan via SMB without a special firmware update. There is supposed to be a Maintenance release in Dec to support server 2016. Emujo
We have c253 and c203 only. Users use windows 10 and only few Win 7. Few post up there is info that c253,c203 will not recive update to SMB v2

Albonline
11-16-2017, 07:35 PM

What he said!

habik
11-17-2017, 01:47 PM
Hi,
we have 6 bizhubs in our company, and now only 2 can can to SMB. All of them have the same destination list. Our file server is on Windows server 2012r2. Credentials are ok- they work in 2 bizhubs and I can map drive with them on Windows. I can scan from machines with problems to PC with windows 7. On one machine it shows Server connection error, on second wrong user name.What I noticed on theses machines is that when you use lowercase for hostname it wouldn't work. Also if you amending any particulars on the address book you have to always enter the password. Sync with Data admin seems to took care of the issue as you copied the good stuff over the bad stuff.
/ & \ are common mistakes as well as space behind a hostname or UID when copied from other address book.
Good job you found a way around.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Custom Search