PDA

View Full Version : BH 224e fax

Custom Search

copier addict
11-16-2017, 07:04 PM
Hey all,
I have a customer with a Bizhub 224e. They use the fax a lot and sometimes jobs get backed up in the queue. Not a big deal, right? I was told today that occasionally the backed up queue will suddenly delete and the machine will print an error report for each job in the queue.
I haven't seen this happen, and they were unable to show me any of the error reports so I don't know what error message is shown. I printed off an activity report, but it doesn't go back far enough.
Has anyone seen these symptoms?
I am going to go back tomorrow and update the firmware. And maybe a fax initialisation.
If anyone has any more suggestions they are much appreciated.
Thanks.

gareth577
11-16-2017, 07:47 PM
Have you tried using memory RX? which essentially drops the faxes into a user box this may get rid of the queuing issue as the jobs will be waiting to be printed from the HDD when the customer request them rather than sitting in the print queue.

copier addict
11-16-2017, 07:50 PM
Have you tried using memory RX? which essentially drops the faxes into a user box this may get rid of the queuing issue as the jobs will be waiting to be printed from the HDD when the customer request them rather than sitting in the print queue.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The problem occurs with faxes to be sent, not received. And the problem isn't the queuing, it is the deleting of the queued jobs.

blackcat4866
11-16-2017, 11:49 PM
You're going to have to find out what error condition is occurring. The sending queue will clear during an error condition.

Print the management list. You should find what you're looking for. =^..^=

Synthohol
11-17-2017, 04:05 PM
had similar issues once or twice, turned out the HDD was having an issue.
i backed up the addy book and formatted the HDD, put movie data back on and solved.
check the freespace on the HDD, should have over 170Gb vacant area.
mine showed 0.

emujo2
11-17-2017, 05:33 PM
Normally, the MFP will attempt to send 3 times, then delete the job. This is normal if the receiver is busy, or a bad number. If you enable the TX hold queue, you can have any sent faxes that failed on their 1st 3 attempts sit in this "hold and resend" queue for up to 72 hours. Now the user can simply open the box, and resend any waiting jobs without having to go dig up the original fax. You are going to have to get into the job log and see what the error code is. Let us know. Emujo

copier addict
11-17-2017, 09:35 PM
I was there today and updated the firmware. Time will tell if that was the issue.
I will keep this thread updated.
Synthohol, I didn't think about an HDD issue. When I go back to check I will look at it. Thanks

Custom Search