PDA

View Full Version : C351 Black Images are not as Sharp anymore?

Custom Search

WL_Lending
09-04-2008, 08:02 PM
I am just an owner of a BizHubC351 & not a technician so please bear with me.

I've searched the other threads & have discovered that not all toners are created equal. This problem has only started after we replaced the black toner with an after-market toner. All other colors C,M,Y are OEM. Now, the black colors seem to smear especially when printing out white knock out lettering, the black parts smear all over the copies. I hope this has not damaged the imaging units?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

WL_Lending
09-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Bump...

pepper38_cnd
09-05-2008, 03:01 AM
You said it! Not all toners are created equal. I recommend OEM but having said that, you can try changing the media setting to thick 1 or thick 2, this changes the fusing temperature and the print speed, it may reduce the quality issues you are having as the generic toner may have a slightly different fusing temperature.

Remember saving money often comes at a cost. Forget trying to save on toner and try the prooven method of rechipping your IU's. Getting 80% more from an IU will probably save you more than any discount toner ever will.

nmfaxman
09-05-2008, 03:52 AM
Never put non-oem toner into a color machine.
I have worked on just about every brand of color machine.
Non-oem is just going to cost you money in the long run.

WL_Lending
09-05-2008, 04:18 AM
Noted on the non-OEM toner's. I will also try to change the media setting to thick 2 to see what happens.

Custom Search