PDA

View Full Version : KM C558 wrinkling transfer belt

Custom Search

compelecttech76@gmail.com
11-18-2017, 03:53 AM
Hello all, I have a quite unique issue with this KM C558.

The machine only has 40000 copies, but we've had to rpl the transfer belt already. (shredded).

Rpl transfer belt on 11/15/17, got a call today same issue not as bad. No code just bad copy quality and physical damage to belt.

I've attached some sample copies.

Any ideas would be appreciated

EarthKmTech
11-18-2017, 05:40 AM
Usually caused by blade flip.

45+ 8 series belts even more so than e series need additional lubrication above and beyond what is provided out of the factory.

First one we changed we decided not to lubricate and see what happened - flipped and shredded the same day.

Some people use drum setting powder, some use toner, my favourite is waste toner. Every belt change I do with a bladed belt I always lubricate the entire top surface with waste toner and turn over the belt by hand and ensure even coverage and lubrication. MUCH less likely to flip then.

Only ever had one flip and shred after doing this - it was printing high coverage political propaganda non stop so sometimes it will still just happen no matter what you do.

compelecttech76@gmail.com
11-18-2017, 06:00 AM
So you telling me this doesn't come lubricated from the manufacturer. Because the first and second belt were complete unit. Cleaning blade already in transfer belt assembly

Synthohol
11-18-2017, 06:59 AM
you can still prime the belt and blade even when new.
can't hurt, can only help.

habik
11-18-2017, 07:28 AM
So far I came across 2 types of belts, some are primed from factory with yellow toner and some are not. The ones that are I fit belt, start m/c with front door open, go to service, new release for Transfer belt, shut door.
Those that are not I prime with drum powder and do the above process.

Also worth checking if the 1st transfer roller holders aren't cracked as there was a funny batch at some point. Change of packaging sorted the issue.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
11-18-2017, 02:44 PM
Most primary transfer belts or the blades come with some sort of lubrication from the manufacturer. I have always gone the extra step to powder the belt and rotate it through at least two rotations. Same with drums, same with secondary transfer belts (the ones with cleaning blades that is). It's not that much extra work and you'll rarely flip blades.

There were a couple of models of Sharp that would flip blades anyway, no matter what you did, but that's another story. Typically if you make it through the first couple hundred pages and maintain at least 1% image fill, you won't have a problem. =^..^=

D_L_P
11-18-2017, 11:19 PM
One other thing to check is how easy the belt unit seats in there. Seen that same damage on a belt and all I did was take it out and put it back in. Luckily the belt was going to get replaced anyway, customer had a label jam and damaged it trying to clean the label off. When I put it back in it must have been slighty off the track/rail. Heard the crunch as soon as the motor initialized.
When I got back with the new belt I made sure it slid in and down easily. Pulled it up and out a few inches a few times to make sure nothing was bound up. Also made sure the latches closed easily.

allan
11-19-2017, 02:02 AM
One other thing to check is how easy the belt unit seats in there. Seen that same damage on a belt and all I did was take it out and put it back in. Luckily the belt was going to get replaced anyway, customer had a label jam and damaged it trying to clean the label off. When I put it back in it must have been slighty off the track/rail. Heard the crunch as soon as the motor initialized.
When I got back with the new belt I made sure it slid in and down easily. Pulled it up and out a few inches a few times to make sure nothing was bound up. Also made sure the latches closed easily.

I have to agree it looks like it tracked to one side. How that happens...
There is springs that push out to tension the belt, if the tension on both ends are not the same it could track. Have a good look inside the cavity where it fits.
The belt should slide in and lock without pressure.

Tech Helpdesk
12-04-2017, 04:09 PM
We are experiencing the same problem here !!

A customer's machine ran perfectly well until 475k (Overlife !!) Since then it chewed up a belt after 39k and chewed up another one today after 3k !!!!!

We have noticed the part number changed from A79JR70922 to A79JR73200 and don't know if this has anything to do with it ??

Do you think this is going to be another story like the C224 developers ??????

I have to agree it looks like it tracked to one side. How that happens...
There is springs that push out to tension the belt, if the tension on both ends are not the same it could track. Have a good look inside the cavity where it fits.
The belt should slide in and lock without pressure.

kingarthur
12-05-2017, 08:35 AM
We are experiencing the same problem here !!

A customer's machine ran perfectly well until 475k (Overlife !!) Since then it chewed up a belt after 39k and chewed up another one today after 3k !!!!!

We have noticed the part number changed from A79JR70922 to A79JR73200 and don't know if this has anything to do with it ??

Do you think this is going to be another story like the C224 developers ??????

Think you'll find it's the same belt, the reason for the p/no change, is the transfer belt used to come as a kit, A79JR70922, which included the belt, transfer roller & filters, they are now supplied as separate items, A79JR73200 being the belt on its own, the transfer roller is p/no A79JR71100 , which makes me wonder whether you changed just the belt, or the belt & transfer roller

Tech Helpdesk
12-05-2017, 08:54 AM
Hi,

On the first call the machine was due a service and was running fine. The engineer changed the belt kit (TX roller, filters included) and the drums as they were due.
The new belt then subsequently tracked to the side and the belt became damaged, this damaged belt was then replaced and this later shifted and became damaged also.
I know the parts are now available separately but I am always suspicious when KM change part numbers as there is usually a reason be it cost or reliability issue that is being addressed.

Think you'll find it's the same belt, the reason for the p/no change, is the transfer belt used to come as a kit, A79JR70922, which included the belt, transfer roller & filters, they are now supplied as separate items, A79JR73200 being the belt on its own, the transfer roller is p/no A79JR71100 , which makes me wonder whether you changed just the belt, or the belt & transfer roller

habik
12-05-2017, 01:35 PM
Is the machine leveled?

Tech Helpdesk
12-05-2017, 02:08 PM
Is the machine leveled?

Leveled !!!!!!!!!! more like compacted if it don't work properly lol :D

AjitN
12-05-2017, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=habik;584140]So far I came across 2 types of belts, some are primed from factory with yellow toner and some are not.

This is not Yellow toner but some kind of lubricating powder used by all manufactures for cleaning blades.

I am using normal, cheap face talcum powder for same for last 20 years without any problem. Just turn device ( Drum OR Belt OR fixing Film) for one turn to confirm blade is cleaning properly & you will never face this problem due to blade binding. Nothing to worry about, its so smooth & easy, you will love / enjoy it.

hope this helps to all,

habik
12-05-2017, 11:25 PM
Leveled !!!!!!!!!! more like compacted if it don't work properly lol :DWaste chute could be blocked but customer would notice abnormal sounds I'd imagine prior to sliding to one side.

habik
12-05-2017, 11:32 PM
Leveled !!!!!!!!!! more like compacted if it don't work properly lol :DWaste chute could be blocked but customer would notice abnormal sounds I'd imagine prior to sliding to one side.

Custom Search