PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera taskalfa will not scan to folder on Windows 10

Custom Search

BabblingXombie
11-20-2017, 10:53 PM
Hi Guys. I need help. I have been setting up these kyocera copiers for years.
Ok so today i was setting up one of those newer taskalfas just like i always do.
I know all the host names, usernames and passwords are correct and when i click test connection its says connection error every single time.

I disabled firewall and antivirus and still nothing.
The PC I'm trying to scan to has windows 10

Any help would be appreciated.:)

blackcat4866
11-20-2017, 10:58 PM
Are you using port 445? Is port 445 open on the PC? The default is blocked. I googled for a series of commands to open the port to get it working myself. =^..^=

Santander
11-21-2017, 12:16 AM
Ok so today i was setting up one of those newer taskalfas just like i always do.
I know all the host names, usernames and passwords are correct and when i click test connection its says connection error every single time.

When you shared the folder you are trying to scan to did you just click on share or did you do the advanced sharing? In Win10 it makes a difference. Use the advanced sharing and make sure the user that you have entered into the unit is listed as one of the permitted users with full control. Just clicking on the basic sharing [as I call it] does not give the user write or modify rights to the folder even if you check them off on everyone, if they use Windows firewall you have to enable the firewall rules [inbound/outbound] to allow file and printer sharing via SMB as Blackcat said. Since you disabled the firewall, it is most likely not your problem. Not having the proper share permissions on the folder will cause the same error as a bad username or password.

tmaged
11-21-2017, 03:13 AM
Try scanning from the machine & see what error code you get. When you run the test, it gives you nothing to go on. That'll give us a clue where to start rather than shooting in the dark.

BabblingXombie
11-21-2017, 03:39 AM
It was giving me error code 2101 when I would scan.

JVergin
11-21-2017, 03:21 PM
Try scanning to their IP address instead of hostname. Maybe the router or server isn't resolving the hostname properly and the copier calls for it? This is only for troubleshooting though as I assume the computer is setup for DHCP and will eventually pull a new IP.

I work with mainly small customers that have no IT staff, so when I come across this situation I usually just set the computer up for a static IP. Then, I tape a note to their router for when they replace it to remind them of what I did.

BabblingXombie
11-21-2017, 07:56 PM
I tried with ip and hostname.
Still does not go through.

guitar9199
11-21-2017, 09:32 PM
Another thing to look for on the computer, is if they have the NetBIOS set for "Over DHCP". SMB prefers the setting to be "NetBIOS over TCP/IP" in order to work. Go into the Network and Sharing Center from the Control Panel, click on the Network Icon and select the "Properties" button. Select the TCP/IPV4 protocol and click "Properties", click on "Advanced", go to the WINS tab and select "NetBIOS over TCP/IP", then "OK" your way out of it.

+1 on making sure the User ID/Password you're using has "Full Control" over the folder in the Security tab.

With Micro$oft killing off SMB v1, you MIGHT also need to update firmware as well to use SMB v2/v3.

Have fun....

BabblingXombie
11-21-2017, 11:34 PM
Ok I'll try that after the holidays and get back to you guys.
Thanks a lot

tmaged
11-22-2017, 12:47 AM
As you've already tried IP instead of host name, I'd go to port or firewall. I know you disabled the firewall, but I'd still create an exception for it. I've had Norton block them even if it was turned off. I had to completely uninstall it. You can always use Pinpoint scan if they're opposed to scanning to email.

cmpelser
11-22-2017, 12:17 PM
hi,
let me know if this helps...:)

Levus76
11-28-2017, 09:38 AM
It was giving me error code 2101 when I would scan.

2101 is an SMTP sending error code, it means the machine can not find the server, it could be a dns error, an IP error or a firewall problem.
It's not an SMB sending error code as far as i know it's SMB equal is code 1101.

Levente

kjg
11-29-2017, 02:47 PM
Try the firmware update first.

I am in agreement with Microsoft killing off SMB1.

If needed, you can still turn SMB1 back on. Go into programs and features and use menu item on the left to turn windows features off and on. Scroll down to selection for SMB ( I forget exact wording ) and put a check in the box next to it to turn it back on. you may have to expand it with the little plus box to get the right one.

gkalchik
11-30-2017, 10:36 PM
Have you tried setting up a local user and properly sharing it to the folder? I have found that using the user the customer sets up (the Microsoft users) doesn't work.

autopilot
12-14-2017, 10:02 PM
Another thing to check is that windows has the network set to Private (Home or Work) and not Public. Seems obvious but if all other settings are correct and it's still not working it's worth checking. Can be quite common when small business get a new router and just connect their devices to the WiFi.

You used to be able to just click on the network icon and change it but now you need to go into settings, network, click on the network connection and turn on "make this pc discoverable"

MFundercover
12-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Not sure this will help, but I usually just create a separate user named "Scans" and share to all users, less things can go wrong. Haven't had any trouble with Windows 10.

pascalb.
12-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Hello,
I recently discovered a small utility for SMB scanning.
I find it very practical and very effective.
to test.

ECOSYS M4125idn Software / CDs Download Center | ServiceWorld | KYOCERA Document Solutions (https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/index/service/dlc.false.utility.ECOSYSM4125IDN._.EN.html)

A+

copiertec
12-16-2017, 08:04 PM
Another thing to check is that windows has the network set to Private (Home or Work) and not Public. Seems obvious but if all other settings are correct and it's still not working it's worth checking. Can be quite common when small business get a new router and just connect their devices to the WiFi.

You used to be able to just click on the network icon and change it but now you need to go into settings, network, click on the network connection and turn on "make this pc discoverable"

I just had a similar issue after a Windows update, about a week ago, and this solution resolved my issue as well... gotta love Microsoft.

copiertec
12-16-2017, 08:08 PM
Hello,
I recently discovered a small utility for SMB scanning.
I find it very practical and very effective.
to test.

ECOSYS M4125idn Software / CDs Download Center | ServiceWorld | KYOCERA Document Solutions (https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/index/service/dlc.false.utility.ECOSYSM4125IDN._.EN.html)

A+

I like this utility because it speeds up the process, however, I have found in order to make it work you need to share the folder properly because it doesn't and you need to make sure on the PC has the proper permissions set... but, nonetheless, a time saver on new installs.

copiertec
05-26-2018, 12:17 AM

I'm wondering if you resolved this issue?

FriendlyTech
05-29-2018, 08:31 PM
On Windows 10 when I get sick of trying to make SMB work I usually have them download Kyocera Print Center from the Microsoft store, free app, does pull scanning rather than push scanning. Have yet to have it fail.

Horologydoc
06-08-2018, 07:55 PM
Learned this one the hard way on a M3540. Go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off on the left hand side. I'm attaching a screen shot of this menu. Scroll down to SMB 1 protocol and hit the new drop down available and notice there are now 3 new protocols that are disabled by default in the update. Check mark and enable those and you will be good to go. The reason
this is happening from my best understanding is that even though you are using SMBV2 or SMBV3 they have to authenticate using SMBV1. 39837

bsm2
06-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Learned this one the hard way on a M3540. Go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off on the left hand side. I'm attaching a screen shot of this menu. Scroll down to SMB 1 protocol and hit the new drop down available and notice there are now 3 new protocols that are disabled by default in the update. Check mark and enable those and you will be good to go. The reason
this is happening from my best understanding is that even though you are using SMBV2 or SMBV3 they have to authenticate using SMBV1. 39837

Only one HUGE Problem turning smb 1 back on will expose the client to hackers and ransomware . That's why MS is disabling it.

jqueen
07-30-2018, 07:02 PM
Only one HUGE Problem turning smb 1 back on will expose the client to hackers and ransomware . That's why MS is disabling it.

Unfortunately, it is one of those Windows 10 Update Glitches that recently came out. I had an EU have this happen with a KM C35...One day it was working, after updating Windows 10, it stopped. Windows 10 has been very weird lately with the updates....hopefully, they'll get it corrected so that we can turn off SMB V.1 sooner than later....

lmartinez323
04-16-2019, 06:32 PM
enable smb1 on programs an feutures smb1 client and server restart eefects for windows 10 & 8...i found this resourcefull u might have to enable smb threw regedit..google smb1 scan enable windows 10 100% sure will fix ur scan problem after updating windows version

Phil B.
04-16-2019, 08:09 PM

Thank You bsm2,

I have been seeing from a lot of noobs here lately saying to turn SMB1 back on...

1) I hope their bosses have deep pockets and good lawyers
2) I hope the techs that suggest such a move have a backup employment plan.

For you 'techs' suggesting turning SMB1 -=ON=-.. you haven't been keeping up with the times....
There was a D.C. dealer (ricoh i believe) that had a tech that turned on SMB1 scanning at a law firm... the firms server got trashed with malware AND ransom ware... the dealer was sued for 2.5Mil... lost...had to close down...and the tech got blacklisted in the area.

SAD.. because someone failed to follow S.O.P.!

copier tech
04-16-2019, 09:54 PM
Thank You bsm2,

I have been seeing from a lot of noobs here lately saying to turn SMB1 back on...

1) I hope their bosses have deep pockets and good lawyers
2) I hope the techs that suggest such a move have a backup employment plan.

For you 'techs' suggesting turning SMB1 -=ON=-.. you haven't been keeping up with the times....
There was a D.C. dealer (ricoh i believe) that had a tech that turned on SMB1 scanning at a law firm... the firms server got trashed with malware AND ransom ware... the dealer was sued for 2.5Mil... lost...had to close down...and the tech got blacklisted in the area.

SAD.. because someone failed to follow S.O.P.!

The moral to this story is keep the firmware updated this "keeps up" with the Microsoft security updates especially in the case of SMB v1 issues.

Up to date Tech
04-16-2019, 10:32 PM
share the folder with a pacific user not everone

Phil B.
04-17-2019, 02:15 AM
share the folder with a pacific user not everoneBut what if the customer is located in the Atlantic side?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Custom Search