PDA

View Full Version : 7085 with varying registration

Custom Search

laserman06
09-04-2008, 11:08 PM
I have a 7085 that has varying registration. This only occurs when I use the manual feed tray. All of the other trays are fine. If I run 2-sided, the second side is fine. So I know that it has to be something in the manual feed tray.

I have checked the one-way on the feed assy. It seems ok. All of the feed tires are new. This thing is driving me crazy. :mad:The way this week has went, I should have stayed on vacation:)

pepper38_cnd
09-05-2008, 03:27 AM
All of the solutions on the ssd relating to registration say replace the reg springs and rollers, I seem to remember something referring to the bypass getting its drive from the duplex unit and intermittent misfeeds from the bypass could a faulty duplex clutch or drive ( myself I don't believe this I'm simply repeating what I have heard ). Personally I would replace reg rollers springs and bushings possibly clutch and see what happens from there, you didn't mention the mileage on this unit but we replace those parts on a regular basis I think its 500 or 800k I'd have to check.

Haroldbfix
09-08-2008, 04:33 AM
I have a 7085 that has varying registration. This only occurs when I use the manual feed tray. All of the other trays are fine. If I run 2-sided, the second side is fine. So I know that it has to be something in the manual feed tray.

I have checked the one-way on the feed assy. It seems ok. All of the feed tires are new. This thing is driving me crazy. :mad:The way this week has went, I should have stayed on vacation:)

Have you replaced the one way bearing that drives the Bypass unit. It mounts inside that machine. You would have to remove the bypass unit to see it. Also check the loop for the bypass. I looked at the Parts book but its been so long since i had to replace the one way gear, im not sure which one it is in the drive.

laserman06
09-14-2008, 02:38 AM
Well the machine is fixed. It was the registration clutch. I had made a wrong assumption. I assumed that if it was the the clutch, I would have problems with all trays. :confused: But alas, you all know what you get when you assume. Learned something new.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Blessings,

Rob

Custom Search