Custom Search

mntech
11-22-2017, 09:02 PM
Code
C-3504*
Classification
Main body: Fusing roller/Lw edge high temperature abnormality
Cause
The fusing temperature sensor/4 (TH4) detects that the temperature is 240 degrees or higher continuously for a specified period of time.

I first attempted to clean the thermistors(temp sensors), reset the code with bitsw 3,1
Machine ran about 500 duplex 12x18, code returned
I then decided to pull the the TH4 from an envelope fuser(almost brand new) that the customer has but does not use, machine warmed up and came to ready much faster than before, customer ran a good 3000 duplex 12x18 on different media with no problems
Customer called back, I had them do the reset over the phone... machine ran about 30 pages then coded out again.

I didn't notice any problems with the connections when I first inspected the fuser, and checked continuity on the lamps and thermostats, I've never dealt with the envelope fuser before, but the TH4 looked exactly the same, but I'm wonder if it is different, or if I should try a brand new one... Don't really want to replace the DCPS1 or PRCB

Any help with this would be very much appreciated. THANKS!

-MNTECH

mntech
11-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Any suggestions? Thanks

blackcat4866
11-28-2017, 01:49 AM
Across all lines and models a large percentage of re-occurring fuser error codes result from power issues. I would bring out the power quality analyzer. Ideally we would like to see a minimum of 208vac and ground to neutral less than 1vac. With the times synchronized, I've been able to identify specific power anomalies with specific fuser codes.

Here are a couple of example from a Kyocera that coded twice every day like clockwork:

=^..^=

mntech
11-28-2017, 04:09 AM
I always associate multiple sporadic Fuser errors with wall power or power supply units, but might have to get my boss to invest in one of those analyzers.

Couple things I noticed today while troubleshooting... Three of the four times the machine faulted, was at the end of the run, so job completed, machine faulted, but no paper jammed. I also tried dropping the lower fuser roller temp by -15 and still faulted, and it also faulted once while variable data was being queued up while we were reloading some pre printed paper.

At one point I thought the cooling fans controlled by TH5 were not turning on, but they test fine in I/O and verified with a mark on the blades, all temps look fine in in I/O.... Just having a hard time figuring out why the lower roller temp keeps getting too high :( I might have to do the prcb and/or dcps

Although I've worked on plenty of Bizhub pros, this was my first time seeing the press 1060, was wondering if a black lower roller and pinkish belt on the fuser was common? I usually see oem being straight orange... Aftermarket rebuild? Or did Kinolta start using different rollers/belts on the press?

Thanks!

lucky13
02-26-2018, 08:05 PM
Any suggestion s? Thankswill need this firmware or higher Install firmware version GC8-18.38989 yes sensors are the same , and yes they have changed belts pink for main fuser and red for envelope fuser the attached builtin directly address c-3504 and also the firmware

mntech
02-27-2018, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the reply luck13,

The code finally stopped returning after power cycle with main power switch instead of just sub power.... I believe the thermistor was the culprit, but for whatever reason just resetting with sub power, the code would eventually come back. Been good for 3 months.

TURNSBERG MUNGAI
05-24-2021, 04:25 PM
Any suggestions? Thanks
Hello am Turnsberg Mungai i need a help to remove the error code C-0234
from the Machine Bizhub PRo c1060l
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/blob:https://web.whatsapp.com/2311743c-ea14-421b-8256-7cb2f259d02c

Custom Search