PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous 4 series warning message

Custom Search

Ashbell
11-28-2017, 12:05 AM
Hi everyone,

i was wondering if anybody knew a way of disabling the warning message on the 4 series machines. this is the L-1 warnings and so on. They usually show up on the screen as an [!]. in the 8 series they only show up in service mode which works a lot better. is there a way to turn these off or not?

Cheers

Zesti
11-28-2017, 06:21 AM
Buddy,
Just close your eyes to ignore the WARNINGS....:cool:
There is something definitely not good enough in the machine and the machine is REQUESTING to check the problem before it got severe.

Ashbell
12-01-2017, 12:29 AM
Buddy,
Just close your eyes to ignore the WARNINGS....:cool:
There is something definitely not good enough in the machine and the machine is REQUESTING to check the problem before it got severe.

Thanks for your reply. I do close my eyes to the warning but my customers don't. and good old Google tells them things that they don't really need to know. It would be easier if they could be disabled but if not i will just have to deal :D:D

allan
12-01-2017, 03:22 AM
Don't tell anyone but set SW 51 to HEX F0 and SW 55 to 0C. This will disable messages and will not show warnings.
Make sure NO STOP is enabled otherwise the machine will just do nothing (print stop in job log) if a life counter runs out.
CSRC will still work and we can check the state of the machine from the office.

copier tech
12-01-2017, 11:29 AM
Don't tell anyone but set SW 51 to HEX F0 and SW 55 to 0C. This will disable messages and will not show warnings.
Make sure NO STOP is enabled otherwise the machine will just do nothing (print stop in job log) if a life counter runs out.
CSRC will still work and we can check the state of the machine from the office.

These setting will have already been set thus the machine showing L-1, L-2 messages etc.

Without those SW settings the machine would flash up on the screen "Replace C,Y.M Image units!"

allan
12-01-2017, 03:43 PM
These setting will have already been set thus the machine showing L-1, L-2 messages etc.

Without those SW settings the machine would flash up on the screen "Replace C,Y.M Image units!"

Nice do you have a SW list for this series?
SW 51 and 55 defaults is 0.

copier tech
12-02-2017, 08:43 AM
Nice do you have a SW list for this series?
SW 51 and 55 defaults is 0.

All the SW are listed in the manual

allan
12-02-2017, 01:12 PM
The manual only gives a couple. I guess they hide the rest for a good reason.

Custom Search