PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7020 error!

Custom Search

techd
09-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi i have a Konica 7020 that's giving me an error 51.5 any ideas as to how to go about this?

Luther
09-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Main moter failure, i would check for binding of the drum unit ,fuser or developer unit,hope this helps

techd
09-05-2008, 05:10 PM
thanks i think that's what it is when its warming up you can hear something trying to turn then it fails, i will check and see.

redime
09-05-2008, 07:14 PM
thanks i think that's what it is when its warming up you can hear something trying to turn then it fails, i will check and see.
Could be a few things...

Check the fuser web, make sure it isnt rolled out and causing everything to bind up.

Check that your developer unit isnt binding

Check that your drum blade hasnt flipped

Great way to do this is to go into 47 mode, with DV unit out. Does it still code? If not, remove drum unit, try now... does it still code? If not, remove fuser unit.... You should be able to run the main motor in 47 mode with each of the 3 units out, or all three units out. If it codes with all 3 units out, then its the motor.

1. Access the 47 mode (power the machine ON while holding down on the 4 and 7 keys), output code 41.
2. Press the print button and M1 should come ON.
3. If M1 does not come ON, remove all the loads from it and then try again.
4. If M1 still does not come ON, replace M1 (p/n 26NA80010).
5. Power the machine OFF/ON to exit the 47 mode.

My money is on the main motor though, pull main board, flywheel etc. it comes out with 4 screws. I bet there is a busted solder connection - look, you should see it pretty easy.

techd
09-08-2008, 04:11 PM
thanks a lot i will try that today but i do remember removing everything but the fuser and i think i got an error 23 or 24 something like that, don't really remember but it was not the 51.5.

Haroldbfix
09-08-2008, 09:33 PM
thanks a lot i will try that today but i do remember removing everything but the fuser and i think i got an error 23 or 24 something like that, don't really remember but it was not the 51.5.

It very common to find a binding DV unit bushing. and as "Redime" said the drum blade could have flipped common also. My money is one the DV unit.:)

redime
09-08-2008, 10:18 PM
You want to remove the units in 47 mode only...

You wont be able to boot the machine up normally with a missing fuser, drum unit, DV unit... this will only work while doing 47 mode.

Power machine off, remove unit... power back on in 47 mode

Custom Search