PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C224e Black developer

Custom Search

copyman
11-29-2017, 04:45 PM
Delivered an off lease machine with around 50k clicks on meter. K drum was at 0% but was working fine Print quality was great. 2 months later they called and said print was light. Replaced drum and prints were still light. Pulled K dev unit and noticed mag roller had hardly any dev on it. Went ahead and replaced developer unit and all was good. Ran about 20 pages and all look great! Less than 1 hour later they called and said machine has error code C-2558 which manual says is high K toner level. I read some posts on this forum and internet that this is a known issue. I was going to take some parts off a shop machine and return tomorrow. Was thinking about bringing the toner hopper, new toner and anything else suggested?

Any other ideas appreciated. Thanks

Tech Helpdesk
11-29-2017, 04:55 PM
Delivered an off lease machine with around 50k clicks on meter. K drum was at 0% but was working fine Print quality was great. 2 months later they called and said print was light. Replaced drum and prints were still light. Pulled K dev unit and noticed mag roller had hardly any dev on it. Went ahead and replaced developer unit and all was good. Ran about 20 pages and all look great! Less than 1 hour later they called and said machine has error code C-2558 which manual says is high K toner level. I read some posts on this forum and internet that this is a known issue. I was going to take some parts off a shop machine and return tomorrow. Was thinking about bringing the toner hopper, new toner and anything else suggested?

What toner do you have in it ?

Zesti
11-29-2017, 04:58 PM

Any other ideas appreciated. ThanksThere are 2 C2558 posts running on color bizhubs. I'm sure developer qty in tank is not sufficient. Now ur dv tank is over toned.

Sent from my RHYTHM RX60 using Tapatalk

copier tech
11-29-2017, 06:41 PM
The secret to this issue is:

1. Only use genuine KM toner
2. Do not allow ANY consumable part to run too much over life. (IU's, belt & DV units)
3. Keep FW at latest version

copyman
11-29-2017, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the replies. I guess I should've asked if you can swap a dev unit from one machine to another? I feel like I'm back working on the biz 250 B&W machines how you would get a C2557 code if you swapped IU's from one machine to another.

Zesti
11-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the replies. I guess I should've asked if you can swap a dev unit from one machine to another? I feel like I'm back working on the biz 250 B&W machines how you would get a C2557 code if you swapped IU's from one machine to another.Copyman...bh250's really sucks BAD 2557. I had a work around. Want to know?

Sent from my RHYTHM RX60 using Tapatalk

REGSIS
11-29-2017, 09:16 PM

Machine had only 50k total and drum k was at 0%? Drum should be at 0% when it reaches 70k (not before). Something is fishy with that machine.
For c2558 run some halftone with 255 value and check for toner level every few pages. Stop printing at 6.5%.
Concerning developer depletion check for drums and ITB overlife, Vg and Vb values and especialy values of IDC sensors (should be around 70 to 80).

copier addict
11-29-2017, 09:45 PM
Machine had only 50k total and drum k was at 0%? Drum should be at 0% when it reaches 70k (not before). Something is fishy with that machine.
For c2558 run some halftone with 255 value and check for toner level every few pages. Stop printing at 6.5%.
Concerning developer depletion check for drums and ITB overlife, Vg and Vb values and especialy values of IDC sensors (should be around 70 to 80).

Drum life is measured by minutes of rotation, not by copy count. If the former user did a lot of small jobs the minutes of rotation would be high so the drum would reach end of life quicker

copyman
11-30-2017, 01:29 AM
So can you swap 4 series developer units from one machine to another without trouble ???? I didn't see anything about it in the serv manual. There are a few bulletins on the K/M knowledge base about developer issues. So looking into these as well.

I will investigate further tomorrow with drum rotation times etc when there

Now that I think of it something was strange, when I was swapping K dev unit I noticed the wire for K connector was out of the clasp. My first thought was some unscrupulous dealer had swapped a bad dev unit before returning to leasing company.

Should I be able to salvage the dev unit I put in today? It came out of a machine with only 20k on it. Customer said they were only able to run a few pages after I left. It would reset but throw the code after one page was printed. So they just turned it off. Hopefully I can still use it since it wasn't used much. hate to waste a good unit.

Thanks again for the replies.

Zesti
11-30-2017, 06:57 AM
Swapping the IU for testing purposes is not a bad idea unless every thing else is OK.
Machine runs stabilization after each cover open so it should adjust to replacement unit. Once again everything else should be OK>

habik
11-30-2017, 06:31 PM
So can you swap 4 series developer units from one machine to another without trouble ???? I didn't see anything about it in the serv manual. There are a few bulletins on the K/M knowledge base about developer issues. So looking into these as well.

I will investigate further tomorrow with drum rotation times etc when there

Now that I think of it something was strange, when I was swapping K dev unit I noticed the wire for K connector was out of the clasp. My first thought was some unscrupulous dealer had swapped a bad dev unit before returning to leasing company.

Should I be able to salvage the dev unit I put in today? It came out of a machine with only 20k on it. Customer said they were only able to run a few pages after I left. It would reset but throw the code after one page was printed. So they just turned it off. Hopefully I can still use it since it wasn't used much. hate to waste a good unit.

Thanks again for the replies.If you worried of wasting new parts there is Dip SW for testing purposes in enhanced security. Turn it ON and fit new Dev and drum and see where it takes you. Dev or drum counter will not initialise.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

habik
11-30-2017, 06:33 PM
Swapping the IU for testing purposes is not a bad idea unless every thing else is OK.
Machine runs stabilization after each cover open so it should adjust to replacement unit. Once again everything else should be OK>Bump :) somehow didn't see your post.

docdot69
11-30-2017, 06:48 PM
If you worried of wasting new parts there is Dip SW for testing purposes in enhanced security. Turn it ON and fit new Dev and drum and see where it takes you. Dev or drum counter will not initialise.

what Dip SW is it? and what hex should be to test it?

habik
11-30-2017, 07:48 PM
what Dip SW is it? and what hex should be to test it?There is no HEX.

You do need to enable DIPSW using SoftSwitch.

Check in SM.

docdot69
11-30-2017, 07:55 PM
There is no HEX.

You do need to enable DIPSW using SoftSwitch.

Check in SM.

As your reply in private message - this is Engine Dip SW number 3 in enhanced security in service mode.

habik
11-30-2017, 07:59 PM
As your reply in private message - this is Engine Dip SW number 3 in enhanced security in service mode.Well PM no longer then. Hence PM.

REGSIS
11-30-2017, 08:19 PM
Drum life is measured by minutes of rotation, not by copy count.
You're right and I know that fact, but the difference here is 30% of usual drum K life. It's too much even if they've done 50k pages in 50k jobs. In my experience drum life reaches 0% at 70k (give or take a few hundreds). If life stop is enabled drum stops around 82k.

Maybe I'm wrong and all of my customers have same kind of jobs :rolleyes:.

neil greenhough
12-01-2017, 08:53 PM

Any other ideas appreciated. ThanksIs the dev unit turning? The predecessor to that machine (220/280/360) had a clutch that engaged to drive the unit. It would slip and cause feint prints and subsequent error codes. Check it out for nothing can't you.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

copyman
12-01-2017, 09:16 PM
Wanted to follow up with what I found. When I returned to machine first thing I did was look at black toner btl, wouldn't you know friggin aftermarket! K level was around 9, removed crap toner btl and left out, ran about 30 halftones on 11x17 paper. Got the level down into the 6 range like the other colors. Put new OEM toner in, did stabilization & graduation. Ran 100 pages level stayed in the 6.5 range. Been 1.5 days and no calls so looking like another strike against aftermarket toner. Personally I don't use aftermarket toners, this toner was in machine when I bought it from wholesaler.

All the counters matched so they are legit. Think the hours might of been why drum was at 0%.

Lesson learned, from now on I'm checking the toners when I get the machines in and replace any aftermarket.

AjitN
12-02-2017, 02:45 AM
There could be some error with original drum chip so wholesaler put in some old chip to start the machine and forgot it.

Everything is possible in this second hand market

Custom Search