PDA

View Full Version : Konica EP 1080 - 1/2" black streaks

Custom Search

BayCityComputer
09-05-2008, 06:23 PM
I have a 1/2" thick area of black streaks on the bottom of my pages when I copy in one direction.

When I change paper orientation on the scanner and tray the streaks are gone.

Could this be a drum problem?

jim v
09-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Very well may be the drum and/or drum cleaning blade on this model.

redime
09-05-2008, 07:37 PM
What about build up of toner in paper path???????

BayCityComputer
09-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah it is an old model, Drum may be on its last leg. I will replace the drum first and the blade after if it still has that problem.

redime
09-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah it is an old model, Drum may be on its last leg. I will replace the drum first and the blade after if it still has that problem.
Maybe you should hold off till you get those manuals eh? :cool:

BayCityComputer
09-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Maybe you should hold off till you get those manuals eh? :cool:

True that!

And thanks for those manuals. I couldn't find them anywhere.

BayCityComputer
09-05-2008, 08:06 PM
What about build up of toner in paper path???????

Could you elaborate a little further please, thanks.

redime
09-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Could you elaborate a little further please, thanks.
Im going to be honest, ive never even heard of - nor worked on one of these machines. But if you are familiar with 7020+ series Konica, sometimes you will get build up of toner at tray 1, on the metal plates that will cause "roller" marks and weird toner effects because as the paper leaves the tray, it picks up the excess toner and carries it with it along its way to become a copy of the original...

probably the worst description ever ;)

BayCityComputer
09-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Im going to be honest, ive never even heard of - nor worked on one of these machines. But if you are familiar with 7020+ series Konica, sometimes you will get build up of toner at tray 1, on the metal plates that will cause "roller" marks and weird toner effects because as the paper leaves the tray, it picks up the excess toner and carries it with it along its way to become a copy of the original...

probably the worst description ever ;)

LOL, it actually makes a lot of sense.

The reason these models may seem weird is that in my town a copier company just went out of business. They sold Konica's since day one and were in business for years. Me being the tech guru in town I now get a lot of calls for service.

What do you recommend for service and repair certification? Any particular training methods?

minimerlin
09-05-2008, 10:41 PM
I agree that it is likely to be the cleaning blade..the 1080 was prone to get these marks at one end of the drum due to poor cleaning, the blade get soft from the fuser heat. There was a heat shield fitted on later models.

redime
09-05-2008, 11:06 PM
LOL, it actually makes a lot of sense.

The reason these models may seem weird is that in my town a copier company just went out of business. They sold Konica's since day one and were in business for years. Me being the tech guru in town I now get a lot of calls for service.

What do you recommend for service and repair certification? Any particular training methods?
Not sure how you would go about getting trained on the older stuff, but Konica dealers have access to an online training area, as well as classroom training. Not sure how large you are, but might want to consider it. The company I work for is very large, we have our own trainer for all the new models :cool:

copychef
09-06-2008, 02:47 AM
First off tell them to buy a new one!!! It could be several things. A bad blade, drum, mag roller or even optics. Need more details. What have you cleaned? Sounds like the blade, or toner build up spilling.

Custom Search