Pages : [1] 2 3

xender79
11-30-2017, 09:07 AM
c224e Meter counter reset?

Help me

wotjq79@naver.com

JR2ALTA
11-30-2017, 11:40 AM
can't be done. you're not the first to ask.
copiers are often resold so the meter count is protected by law.

Zesti
11-30-2017, 01:00 PM
Somebody pl. help out xender79 (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/xender79.html)'s innocent request.....:rolleyes:

BTW Xender it can't be done. Order new NVRAM.

Tech Helpdesk
11-30-2017, 01:31 PM
It can be done but it is all down to timing.
1 -- Remove from machine[
2 -- Place into microwave
3 -- Set microwave to 900 watts power
4 -- Set timer for 224 seconds (no more otherwise damage may occur)
5 -- Press start
6 -- When complete remove from microwave and refit :rolleyes:

QUOTE=Zesti;585357]Somebody pl. help out xender79 (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/xender79.html)'s innocent request.....:rolleyes:

BTW Xender it can't be done. Order new NVRAM.[/QUOTE]

Elmo
11-30-2017, 03:33 PM
Somebody pl. help out xender79 (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/xender79.html)'s innocent request.....:rolleyes:

BTW Xender it can't be done. Order new NVRAM.

If it was such an innocent request he would be better explaining his problem and why he would need the counters reset
he may get some help

most likely he wants to zero a machine to sell it as new
in this case he will get no help

Albonline
11-30-2017, 05:29 PM

Help me

wotjq79@naver.com

replace, at the same time mfp,mc and ssd. voila, you got a new machine that you can rip somebody off with, good luck!

Zesti
11-30-2017, 06:19 PM
replace, at the same time mfp,mc and ssd. voila, you got a new machine that you can rip somebody off with, good luck!Wow....that easy.....Xander go for it.

Sent from my RHYTHM RX60 using Tapatalk

habik
11-30-2017, 06:19 PM
5 -- Press start

QUOTE=Zesti;585357]Somebody pl. help out xender79 (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/xender79.html)'s innocent request.....:rolleyes:

BTW Xender it can't be done. Order new NVRAM.[/QUOTE]Tried it and now the machine comes with 0 00000 on counter but its c coding with C164.
Has anyone got the latest firmware?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Phil B.
11-30-2017, 07:55 PM
5 -- Press start

BTW Xender it can't be done. Order new NVRAM.[/QUOTE]

LOFL.

I hate when people try to screw a customer by trying to Zero Value the counters... totally dishonest

habik
11-30-2017, 07:55 PM

Help me

wotjq79@naver.com I'll tell you for 2 Ƀ

Zesti
12-02-2017, 10:47 AM
Guys, tell you what. I got a BH363, the tech was stuck to clear the password. He messed up the NVRAM. When I fixed, the counters were 0000000.:cool:

copier tech
12-02-2017, 12:40 PM
NVRam firmware if used incorectly will clear the main counters

Zesti
12-02-2017, 04:24 PM
NVRam firmware if used incorectly will clear the main countersNop....BTW how to use NVR fw incorrectly?

copier tech
12-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Nop....BTW how to use NVR fw incorrectly?

Not using it in the way it was designed for

Zesti
12-03-2017, 12:34 PM
Not using it in the way it was designed forHmm..I'll dig deeply. But what about license management error.?

jotunn
12-06-2017, 05:57 AM
Dig deeper within this forum ;) There were solution for Licence Management error.

AjitN
12-06-2017, 01:46 PM
NVRam firmware if used incorectly will clear the main counters
This is very funny.
Once I have reloaded printer firmware on C353 wherein job used to reached machine and only data light blinks & nothing happens.
After loading firmware, meter showed 0.4 Billions, we all got zapped, but since it was a copy shop everybody accepted.
So essence is that everything is possible with software/firmware(Firmware - different kind of software only, we just gives much more importance, since it is related to our machines, but can be tampered very easily)
ENJOY

habik
12-06-2017, 06:00 PM
This is very funny.
Once I have reloaded printer firmware on C353 wherein job used to reached machine and only data light blinks & nothing happens.
After loading firmware, meter showed 0.4 Billions, we all got zapped, but since it was a copy shop everybody accepted.
So essence is that everything is possible with software/firmware(Firmware - different kind of software only, we just gives much more importance, since it is related to our machines, but can be tampered very easily)
ENJOY:D try and resell that printer :)

jabatt
01-02-2018, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE = Zesti; 585604] 얘들 아, 무엇을 말해. BH363을 가지고 있는데, 기술자가 암호를 지우려고했습니다. 그는 NVRAM을 엉망으로 만들었습니다. 제가 고칠 때, 카운터는 0000000이었습니다. :cool:[/ QUOTE]

How to make BIZHUB C364 total counter "0"

1. Power ON (next when booting is completed)
2. MENU ⏎
3. Counters
4. Enter into service mode (Stop +00+ Stop + 01 + 9272927292729272 + OK)
5. System setting 1 ⏎
6. Initialization
7. Delete individual data of data deletion Click all + OK
(Caution: Please backup your fax setup data and address registration data in advance.)
8. Enter serial number
(If you want to keep the body serial number, write down all of them.)
9. Press OK to return to service mode.
10. System Settings 2 ⏎
11. Software SW Setting
12. Switch number
13. If "10" is set to "02" in the input HEX designation, press "C" to make it "00", then press Confirm.
Press switch number again and press 25 to display 60 in HEX designation.
(The HEX number may vary depending on the model.)
Take note of this part. Press OK to exit from service mode.
14. Turn off the power and open the rear panel and use the tweezers enclosed with the battery of the main board to let it bounce for about 2 minutes.
15. Plug the included "USB1" into the rear USB service port on the right side of the copier.
16. Power ON
17. Wait about 30 seconds and the boot screen will appear asking you to enter the serial number.
18. Power off
19. Plug the supplied "USB2" into the rear USB service port on the right side of the copier.
20. Power ON
21. If you wait about 10 ~ 20 seconds, you will see "C"
Button.
22. Press the YES button on NVram in the Clear Seleat section. ⏎
23. START ⏎
24. When Completed is displayed, turn off the power.
25. Remove the USB cable on the back and turn the power on (remove the USB cable,
Screw down)
26. I get a message asking to insert the serial number.
27. Enter the serial number and recovery license code you received when the serial number message appears.
(Menu + Counter + Stop + 00 + Stop + 01 + 9272927292729272 + OK + System setting 1+ Marketing area + Others2 + Fax sending part set to KR + OK + Serial number input + Print + Serial number input + OK + System setting 2 + Software SW setting + Switch number + 10 + HEX designation + ⇨ + 02 + Confirm + Switch number + C + 25 + HEX designation +60 + Confirmation + OK + Firmware version display + OK + Stop + 9 + License management + Restore + Restore Enter Code + Confirm + Power OFF / ON)
28. Menu + User Settings + System Settings + Language Selection + Korean + OK
29. Enter the service mode, set up the hard and fax in System Setting 2, and enter the service mode when prompted to insert animation data.
30. Optional - You do not need to do this.
The serial numbers that you noted in step 8 are the serial numbers
Clear the entry and enter the serial number of the print, scanner, or ADF you wrote down.

Tech Helpdesk
01-02-2018, 03:05 PM
:confused::confused:

[QUOTE = Zesti; 585604] 얘들 아, 무엇을 말해. BH363을 가지고 있는데, 기술자가 암호를 지우려고했습니다. 그는 NVRAM을 엉망으로 만들었습니다. 제가 고칠 때, 카운터는 0000000이었습니다. :cool:[/ QUOTE]

2. MENU ⏎
3. Counters
5. System setting 1 ⏎
6. Initialization
(Caution: Please backup your fax setup data and address registration data in advance.)
8. Enter serial number
10. System Settings 2 ⏎
11. Software SW Setting
12. Switch number
13. If "10" is set to "02" in the input HEX designation, press "C" to make it "00", then press Confirm.
14. Turn off the power and open the rear panel and use the tweezers enclosed with the battery of the main board to let it bounce for about 2 minutes.
15. Plug the included "USB1" into the rear USB service port on the right side of the copier.
16. Power ON
17. Wait about 30 seconds and the boot screen will appear asking you to enter the serial number.
18. Power off
19. Plug the supplied "USB2" into the rear USB service port on the right side of the copier.
20. Power ON
Button.
23. START ⏎
25. Remove the USB cable on the back and turn the power on (remove the USB cable,
Screw down)
27. Enter the serial number and recovery license code you received when the serial number message appears.
(Menu + Counter + Stop + 00 + Stop + 01 + 9272927292729272 + OK + System setting 1+ Marketing area + Others2 + Fax sending part set to KR + OK + Serial number input + Print + Serial number input + OK + System setting 2 + Software SW setting + Switch number + 10 + HEX designation + ⇨ + 02 + Confirm + Switch number + C + 25 + HEX designation +60 + Confirmation + OK + Firmware version display + OK + Stop + 9 + License management + Restore + Restore Enter Code + Confirm + Power OFF / ON)
29. Enter the service mode, set up the hard and fax in System Setting 2, and enter the service mode when prompted to insert animation data.
Clear the entry and enter the serial number of the print, scanner, or ADF you wrote down.

allan
01-02-2018, 07:12 PM
It can be done....

Going to cost you a new SSD.
Read reset tool instructions carefully....

Why you want to i would not be sure.

a reset counter is a symptom of a very specific problem.

oscar
04-20-2018, 01:51 PM
What did you mean in step 15 with connecting to USB1?

2. MENU ⏎
3. Counters
5. System setting 1 ⏎
6. Initialization
8. Enter serial number
10. System Settings 2 ⏎
11. Software SW Setting
12. Switch number
16. Power ON
18. Power off
20. Power ON
Button.
23. START ⏎
Screw down)

jabatt
04-20-2018, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE = oscar; 602342] USB1에 연결하여 15 단계에서 무엇을 의미 했습니까? [/ QUOTE]

bizhub c284 model is used for forced boot by USB1 because software resets automatically when a problem occurs.

femaster
04-24-2018, 12:24 AM
Wow, old thread rehashed...

I'd like to say that it IS possible to zero out the meters and doesn't require quiet as many steps as outlined previously. No, it doesn't require SSD replacement afterwards either; nothing needs to be replaced, and no issues with license either. You will need to enter serial numbers, and basically go through the entire machine setup and re-calibration afterwards, as well as setting switches 10 and 25 properly as previously stated.

I'm not going to disclose the procedure, but I can say for sure it CAN be done as I've seen it done. Very easy on the Color models, not so easy for the B&W models.

Good Luck!

advicetech
09-30-2018, 11:01 AM
Maybe, however, you will write how to do it.

femaster
09-30-2018, 03:07 PM

I'm probably going to receive some gruff for this, but Copier Tech has already essentially told everyone how to do it without so many words. Look back in the thread for what he said. I'm not going to come right out and give you a step-by-step, so don't ask.

I'll offer up one last hint. Check Konica's Knowledge Base Article: KBA01400126, and also see the attached PDF. It tells you straight away in the pdf, "Performing the Reset Tool procedure will reset all adjustments, counters, and set up will need to be performed." Take that information and combine it with what Copier Tech said. The hints are everywhere, and this is the LAST I will comment on this subject. If you can't figure it out from here, you never will.

jotunn
09-30-2018, 08:30 PM

What for?
Finding a second-hand machine with legit counters in Poland, is like finding a unicorn ;)
The same situation as with cars - "German cried when he was selling".

arahael
10-01-2018, 06:34 PM
What for?
Finding a second-hand machine with legit counters in Poland, is like finding a unicorn ;)
The same situation as with cars - "German cried when he was selling".

In UK they also know how to reset/copy meter counters. Electrical counter is much lower than mechanical. Its easy to get this info on web. I think that they working to hack c258 :mad:..

jotunn
10-01-2018, 08:40 PM
Electrical counter is much lower than mechanical.

This doesn't necessarily mean, that machine was intentionally resetted/cloned to cheat customer.
Sometimes you need to replace parts with new or used, just to repair machine, but from time to time you are not able recover original counters, then the only real counter is mechanical one.

femaster
10-02-2018, 04:24 AM
Electrical counter is much lower than mechanical. Its easy to get this info on web.

If someone is taking the time and effort to reset the electrical counters and not the mechanical counters, then they fools. Even the mechanical counters can be easily reset. Probably why KM phased out the mechanical counters with half-way through the XX4e series machines.

jabatt
10-09-2018, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE = arahael; 704698] 영국에서는 미터 카운터를 재설정 / 복사하는 방법도 알고 있습니다. 전기 카운터는 기계보다 훨씬 낮습니다. 웹에서이 정보를 쉽게 얻을 수 있습니다. 나는 그들이 c258을 해킹하려고 노력하고 있다고 생각한다 :mad:. [/ QUOTE]

* Bizhub C284 or C284e SSD COPY Tool

* Bizhub C225 or C258 SSD COPY Tool

enricocopyline
10-11-2018, 04:58 PM
Hello
does this procedure set to zero both as bk and color and all counts of electronic counts?

Synthohol
10-11-2018, 06:59 PM
Yeah will this product help me rip off my customers as well?
I mean if I have a machine that has half a million on it but I want to rake a customer over the coals and sell it as new, will this also help me sleep at night knowing damn well I'm a criminal?
Yay fraud!!!

Asshat....

robinsa
10-13-2018, 08:51 PM
You can clone the counter from another machine with a new ssd and mfb reset tool. The procedure is simple.

enricocopyline
10-14-2018, 08:22 PM
in usb1 and usb2 are there any recovery firmware? Where can I find them?
A new ssd and mfb reset tool dove li trovo?

Synthohol
10-14-2018, 08:57 PM
you find them when you are a konica dealer and get support and downloads.
zeroing the meters for what reason?

jotunn
10-14-2018, 11:13 PM
This thread should be closed/removed... This is heading in the wrong direction.

enricocopyline
10-15-2018, 08:17 AM
zeroing the meters for no reason. just for information.

A new ssd and mfb reset tool where do I find them?

femaster
10-15-2018, 04:12 PM
zeroing the meters for no reason. just for information.

A new ssd and mfb reset tool where do I find them?The Knowledge base articles I refer to in my last post have links in them to the tools. Follow the links and you will have the tools you are after.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Synthohol
10-15-2018, 06:17 PM
It seemed to me he wanted to zero the counters for nefarious reasons so I decline assistance.

jotunn
10-15-2018, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=enricocopyline;707003]zeroing the meters for no reason. just for information.

There is always a reason for zeroing counters.

This knowledge is completely useless for a field service technician, servicing and maintaining the machines from commissioning to disposal as a result of normal wear and tear.
Moreover, I can't remember (maybe due to memory gaps) if I ever need "forbidden knowledge" to solve even non-standard issues - I mean, even non-standard issues could be solved with standard tools and knowledge.
Of course, there are some issues (like C-4801), that you hope to solve with "forbidden knowledge", but no, you can't repair them this way...

Most of really non-standard issues you can meet during rebuilding crashed machines - replacing construction parts, wiring, boards (with boards from another machine, not new one), adjustment of skewed scanner or PH unit, and so on.
But most of them comes from your own lack of knowledge, ignorance, or intentional skipping necessary steps - in these cases (this rather trivial and basic knowledge, from my point of view) will not help you to pretend to be a better technician.

If you really want this knowledge to fullfill your own curiosity, you must devote your free time (thousands of hours) to studying documentation, patents, electronics, building operating systems...
Then, one day you will be able to assess whether it was worth sacrificing...

Yes, you will be proud... Yes, you will know that C-E301 in not completely mysterious "referring incorrect memory" error, but just kernel panic due to memory leaks in heavily memory-optimised embedded system...

But then, when you realize that you can't repair machine even with such knowledge, you start to think that time you have spend on your studies is completely lost...

PS.
I just recalled, when I had to use "forbidden knowledge" - when I got machine (2nd hand, with total 38 copies) with unknown service password, and usual way (resetting with KM code) failed.
Then I found better way - not resetting, but recovering lost passwords.

So, how much $$$ would you like to pay for "forbidden knowledge" to cheat customers?

tsbservice
10-15-2018, 09:31 PM
jotunn, such a great post and what a waste of time. Anyway thoroughly understand your frustration of some people being...beep!

Zesti
10-19-2018, 08:27 PM
Fully agree with Jotun, most techs don't realize how much it takes to undetstand technology, they simply ask complex questions so simply. They don't bother to understand technology, sure they earn more....

enricocopyline
10-31-2018, 06:15 PM
nobody wants to cheat, I need it only for other reasons, the reset of the counts are a robot and electronics engineer I know enough. I just wanted to know the exact procedure to reset the counts.
can anyone help me in private? thank you

Synthohol
11-01-2018, 04:35 AM
the reset of the counts are a robot and electronics engineer I know enough.
sure, i'll bite...
what does that mean exactly?

enricocopyline
11-01-2018, 08:37 AM
sorry.

the reset of the meters serves for a robotics project not to make fraud

I'm a robotic engineer

I know a lot of electronics

can you help me please?

Synthohol
11-01-2018, 06:26 PM
This forum is for technicians working on copiers, perhaps you can email Konica minolta and see if they will help you with your project.
I'm gonna have to pass on this one.

enricocopyline
11-01-2018, 07:23 PM
do you think konica minolta helps me?

I will leave everything or change the type of photocopier.

I do not think it's so complicated to explain exactly how to do it since they put a procedure in this forum but it's not really the right one.

I do not ask for a public thing I ask in private.

I tried to do a procedure but I did not arrive at the reset.

tulintron
11-01-2018, 09:34 PM
do you think konica minolta helps me?

I will leave everything or change the type of photocopier.

I do not think it's so complicated to explain exactly how to do it since they put a procedure in this forum but it's not really the right one.

I do not ask for a public thing I ask in private.

I tried to do a procedure but I did not arrive at the reset.Good afternoon. If you convince me because you need the reset counterin robotics, maybe I can help you.

NVRam only stores equipment data.

Will you use the equipment after the reset?

I would like to understand better.

enricocopyline
11-02-2018, 08:46 AM
the machine will not be used after reset.

the machine does not work even now because drums and other consumable pieces have already been removed.

I need to start with zero counts.

if you can help me thanks.

in private, I understand they are not legal and can not be divulged.

Custom Search