PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-280, fine line pattern

Custom Search

Hansoon
12-05-2017, 05:34 PM
BH-C-280 with around 100K on the clock. Suddenly a pattern of multiple fine lines in the sub-scan direction, following the main scan direction (front to rear). This happens with scanning and ofcourse also with copying. So obviously the scanner section or the logic behind could be the cause. See attachment.

Any ideas before I go there tomorrow please?

(PS I know both K-Units need replacement, but this is unrelated for now))

Hans

Synthohol
12-05-2017, 10:23 PM
print gradation and halftone patterns, if issue still there its not optical. laser or board usually.
pity its still supported until 12/2019.

blackcat4866
12-06-2017, 01:23 AM
I saw something like this on a machine that suffered a brownout. The machine itself was almost new. It affected only black.

Personally I think that the laser self adjustment was completely out of whack. I ran the gradation a dozen times to bring it back into range. I could have run it another dozen times, but it was a significant improvement, and I figured there would be opportunities to do more calibration later.

=^..^=

Hansoon
12-06-2017, 04:05 AM
Thanks guys, it seems that my original post is not clear enough. This happens only when an original is being scanned. Scanned "for scanning" and scanned for copying. So it is "optical"

Internal prints and prints from outside are OK so the culprit must be the scanner section or the electronics behind it, not the laser nor print section and therefore it has nothing to do with either laser units, drum units or developing units and it is also not related to any color.

Hans

copyman
12-06-2017, 12:46 PM
My gut is saying it is something with the CCD unit.

I have replaced a few CCD's on this model but I think it was because of error code.

blackcat4866
12-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Some labor-only things you can do are reseating connectors and ribbon cables at the CCD. I've never really had to mess the the mechanical aspects of a bizhub scanner. The must be fairly reliable.

You might also check the mirror drive (cables, pulleys, belts, gears, motor).
=^..^=

AjitN
12-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Hans[/QUOTE]

Defect is uniformed across the page, IF IT IS ONLY IN COPING DUE TO SCANNER IT ALSO SHOULD BE PRESENT IN SCANNED IMAGE, BUT NOT IN PRINTING.
If problem is not represented in printing, then it is either scan synchronous Motor OR PCB OR firmware, there nothing left to check.
Hope this helps.

SAR
12-06-2017, 06:14 PM
Have had some weird scan only issues with the newer series machines and doing the clear all data and formatting the HDD and SSD has fixed them. I'm not sure if the procedure is the same for the older machines, but it might be worth a try before you start spending money on parts.

Zesti
12-07-2017, 10:25 AM
BH-C-280 with around 100K on the clock. Suddenly a pattern of multiple fine lines in the sub-scan direction, following the main scan direction (front to rear). This happens with scanning and ofcourse also with copying. So obviously the scanner section or the logic behind could be the cause. See attachment.

Any ideas before I go there tomorrow please?

(PS I know both K-Units need replacement, but this is unrelated for now))

Hans

The posted image was scanned from glass or ADF?
Any way check the CCD cables/unit and scanner cables and lastly MFP board.

Albonline
12-07-2017, 03:47 PM
check the optical drive system , look for junk on the belt/capstans. does this happen when scanned through adf?

Hansoon
12-12-2017, 06:26 PM
Problem solved by just only reattaching the two connectors of the CCD unit. Weird, but I'm happy.

Thanks for your help guys.

Hans

blackcat4866
12-13-2017, 01:44 AM
Congratulations! =^..^=

Zesti
12-13-2017, 01:03 PM
Problem solved by just only reattaching the two connectors of the CCD unit. Weird, but I'm happy.

Thanks for your help guys.

Hans
Good to hear that....:cool:

jabatt
03-11-2018, 07:33 AM
MFP board problem.
If you check memory in service mode, NG will be displayed.

Phil B.
03-12-2018, 08:51 PM
MFP board problem.
If you check memory in service mode, NG will be displayed.

read the thread... he already fixed the issue....connectors ,, not board issue.

Custom Search