PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c284e Ce password reset?

Custom Search

mrfuser
12-06-2017, 09:36 PM
Client has a c284e that someone changed the password on. I can get to service mode but can’t change it. Any ideas how to set it back to default?

rrrohan
12-07-2017, 12:14 AM
Client has a c284e that someone changed the password on. I can get to service mode but can’t change it. Any ideas how to set it back to default?

If you glitched your way past the password screen just turne off CE authentication. Otherwise you have to call KM for reset code

copier addict
12-07-2017, 12:59 AM
[QUOTE=mrfuser;586107]Client has a c284e that someone changed the password on. I can get to service mode but can’t change it. Any ideas how to set it back to default?[/QUOTE

If you somehow got into service mode. doing a data clear will reset the password to default I think.

Woxner
12-07-2017, 03:54 AM
if you got into service mode then hit stop 0 c then touch ce paswword you can just turn this off

mrfuser
01-16-2020, 05:37 PM
I updated firmware and reset it then to default

Synaux
01-17-2020, 03:26 AM
FrImware resets CE pass? Is this a "new" feature? Pretty sure that didnt work on older models.

mrfuser
01-17-2020, 03:49 AM
It does and when you go back into service mode you can set it as you like.

Synaux
01-17-2020, 07:37 AM
It does and when you go back into service mode you can set it as you like.
WHAT?
What in the world are you talking about?? You cannot get into CE pass without getting into SM FIRST--which requires the CE pass!
The basis of your inquiry is "Bizhub c284e Ce password reset?".... Someone correct me if I am wrong, but this person is fused (get it?).

Mind Blown....

I need Phil to come here am set me straight! (perhaps I am fundamentally mistaken?)

mincopier
01-17-2020, 10:46 AM
Firmware resetting the password as a tool is not likely. It might be possible that it reset a corrupt switch that allowed the password to work though. Other than that to reset the CE Password with the CE Authentication on you would normally need a NVRAM reset tool. Sometimes going through the "Trouble Reset" screen can allow you into service mode without a password. You can then use the "Stop, 0, Clear" to get into Security mode to reset the CE Password, Turn it off, or reset the Administrator password.

mrfuser
01-17-2020, 04:02 PM
Calm down y’all, talking admin NOT ce

tsbservice
01-17-2020, 04:24 PM
I may be wrong but maybe some of the guys vented because your thread name?

mrfuser
01-17-2020, 04:32 PM
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/blob:https://www.copytechnet.com/3e4c4d6f-f7ee-47f3-8e52-094b90f5ad45

QUOTE=tsbservice;1198199]I may be wrong but maybe some of the guys vented because your thread name?[/QUOTE]

Synaux
01-18-2020, 03:06 AM
I may be wrong but maybe some of the guys vented because your thread name?

I might have gotten carried away. :rolleyes:
However, I am too dumb sometimes to keep all this stuff in my head:
If people here--people I respect--start saying that on the newish models that a FW will reset the CE pass enough times, I am liable to start believing it (or at minimum start questioning what I thought I already knew--which can be arguably even worse). Moreover, the guys/gals new to the industry or techs that work on predominately on other brands do not stand a chance reading such things. It kind of amazed me that no one jumped on this from the onset...

Custom Search