PDA

View Full Version : IC-402 doesn't work

Custom Search

jorge
09-07-2008, 10:59 PM
I am in domincan republic we have problem with energy in a black out using my bizhub c351 when I turned it on says turn on the controller but the machine is ready to copy but I can't make a print, can somebody tell how can I make a print without the fiery? or how can I get a HD with system software included?
because I think, the problem is in fiery's HD, I tasted all memory and they are good.

thanks a lot for your help.

jorge

cobiray
09-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Unfortunately, as anyone who has ever had to load the Fiery firmware can tell you, you can not get a hard drive with the firmware pre loaded. You'll have to order a drive, download the firmware and load it onto the IC-402. If you don't have access to the mykonicaminolta.com (http://www.mykonicaminolta.com) site, then you will have to call your local service provider for support.

Haroldbfix
09-08-2008, 04:02 AM
I am in domincan republic we have problem with energy in a black out using my bizhub c351 when I turned it on says turn on the controller but the machine is ready to copy but I can't make a print, can somebody tell how can I make a print without the fiery? or how can I get a HD with system software included?
because I think, the problem is in fiery's HD, I tasted all memory and they are good.

jorge

What happens when you send a job? How is the port configured Raw or LRP, if LPR what queue name are you using. Are you using LPT or TCP IP? What queue name Which Driver are you using? Please post more info and im sure some one will help you

jorge
09-08-2008, 01:49 PM
I was printing good for months, I am using it in a network tcp\ip, the problen is not configuration, it was a black out, when the energy came back the machine says turn on the controller but it looks like turning on because the green light is on in fiery, I tried calling for service konica in domincan but it look like they are not ready to fix it because they spended times and they could't fix it, I want to know, if I can print without fiery while I fix the fiery,
what do I have to do?

thanks

Specilist KVN
09-08-2008, 03:18 PM
I was printing good for months, I am using it in a network tcpip, the problen is not configuration, it was a black out, when the energy came back the machine says turn on the controller but it looks like turning on because the green light is on in fiery, I tried calling for service konica in domincan but it look like they are not ready to fix it because they spended times and they could't fix it, I want to know, if I can print without fiery while I fix the fiery,
what do I have to do?

thanks

YES you can print to the internal (Empron) controller as well as the Fiery.

As long as they have consecuitive IP addresses, the MFP having the first then the Fiery the next number.

Just load the standard driver and point it to the IP address of the MFP/Copier. This can be done during normal use so that not all have to use the Fiery for simple printing/copying.

Konica Minolta Business Solutions | Help Desk (http://help.bt.konicaminolta.ca)

You can get the drivers you need there if you are unable to find the installer CD that came with the MFP.
If you have the CD, just insert it and it should search and load the proper drivers for you automatically.

jorge
09-08-2008, 03:34 PM
thanks for answer, i did everything, because I have the original cd driver for MFP, when I send a print the MFP turn on the data light but the MFP doesn't print anything, maybe I have to do something in the configuration the MFP for making ready to print without fiery.

thank you again

Haroldbfix
09-08-2008, 08:53 PM
thanks for answer, i did everything, because I have the original cd driver for MFP, when I send a print the MFP turn on the data light but the MFP doesn't print anything, maybe I have to do something in the configuration the MFP for making ready to print without fiery.

thank you again

Once you configure the driver for the MFP you will need to plug in you network cable to the machines nic, and not the fierys nic. There are a couple other things that you will need to do, It would probably be best to have the tech come out and make the switch for you until they find the solution for you fiery. It's probaly the hard drive is fried, the cooling fan for the hard drive can fail also, and cause the HDD to fail prematurely.

jorge
09-08-2008, 09:09 PM
harold, do you speak spanish?

Haroldbfix
09-08-2008, 09:13 PM
harold, do you speak spanish?

No, sorry I can barely speak english. What the latest on your issue?

jorge
09-08-2008, 09:15 PM
i know how to connect the cables for printing without fiery, I call for konica service here and they don't know this model, for that reason I am trying to solve by myself. I am not a tech but if you tell me how to do it, i do.

thanks

Haroldbfix
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
i know how to connect the cables for printing without fiery, I call for konica service here and they don't know this model, for that reason I am trying to solve by myself. I am not a tech but if you tell me how to do it, i do.

thanks

Ok I just need a little info.
What happens when you try to print?

jorge
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I know how to enter in tech mode and make some change in configuration,
if you give me the page in service manual where I can make a configuration I will thank a lot.

jorge
09-08-2008, 09:21 PM
when I send a print the data green light flash in MFP like getting the information but don't make any print

Haroldbfix
09-08-2008, 09:23 PM
I know how to enter in tech mode and make some change in configuration,
if you give me the page in service manual where I can make a configuration I will thank a lot.
Ok to configure that machine to your network. press the utility button, the touch the administrator tab on the touch screen, Enter the password usually is 00000000 or 12345678, then touch the network tab on the touch screen and there you are...:)

If those passwords dont work no problem we will just have to go back door to get the correct one.

jorge
09-08-2008, 09:37 PM
I have entered in admin, password is 12345678

Haroldbfix
09-08-2008, 09:41 PM
I have entered in admin, password is 12345678

Ok almost there, you should see a "network" tab on the touch panel.

jorge
09-08-2008, 09:47 PM
yes, I do

jorge
09-08-2008, 09:55 PM
is incorect to give you my personal email adress in this forum because you can send me all information that you have about this problem

Haroldbfix
09-08-2008, 09:56 PM
when I send a print the data green light flash in MFP like getting the information but don't make any print

I just notice this information. if you are getting a flashing light then you network setting on the MFP is correct. Ok lets back up for a second. unplug the machine and replug. Then hit the utility button, user, print reports then configuration or any test page and see if it print. You might have to load some paper in the bypass. Unfortunately im not in front of a C350 right now.

Haroldbfix
09-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Im at haroldbfix@yahoo.com

jorge
09-08-2008, 10:06 PM
yes, i made a counter report very good, and I can make an scanner document to my network.

Haroldbfix
09-08-2008, 10:12 PM
yes, i made a counter report very good, and I can make an scanner document to my network.

Can you print out a config page, or ps test page? the counter page doesnt use the print controller, a config page will though.

jorge
09-09-2008, 03:30 PM
you are right, I couldn't make a confuguration, ps and pcl print, then I went to computer put the machine ip adress in explorer and when open the page escope software is says SOCKET ERROR. days ago I moved memory from its place, do you think i have to remove all memory?

thanks

mitchl
09-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Jorge, am I correct in that you changed from the external IC-402 Fiery to the internal controller? If this is the case have you changed the controller type? I skimmed through the thread and didn't see where that was mentioned but could have missed it.

jorge
09-10-2008, 07:44 PM
thank mitchl, can you tell me how can I do that?

mitchl
09-10-2008, 08:20 PM
thank mitchl, can you tell me how can I do that?
I do believe I remember you saying that you knew how to get into service mode, so do that and select system 2, then Image Controller Setting, once there set it to controller type 0 (zero) it should currently be on controller 1 (one) for the 402 Fiery. Keep in mind this will initialize everything regarding print settings so be prepared to set up things from square one. Below may give you a better idea as to what gets reset when this operation is performed.

Note on returning the setting from “Controller 1” to “Controller 0”.
• Selecting “Controller 0” will initialize the following settings made while “Controller 1”
was selected. Reset the following items as necessary when using the Internal Standard
Controller.
<Control Panel on the machine>
• Setting items included in [Network Setting] available from [Administrator Setting].
(Except [Status Notification Setting] and [Prefix/Suffix Setting] available from the following
setting. [Administrator Setting] → [Network Setting] → [Detail Setting].)
• The following setting
[Administrator Setting] → [User Authentication /Account Track] →[General Settings]

[External Server]

• The following setting
[Administrator Setting] → [System Connection] → [IS OpenAPI Setting]
• Mailbox Destination (scan)
• Information on the original specified by the Program Destination
• [User Setting] → [Initial Setting] → [Scan]
<Page Scope Web Connection>

Have at it and if you have a hard time doing the network part ask HARROLDBFIX as he seems real good at that part of the program.

RockETop
09-11-2008, 05:10 AM

jorge

Going back to the original problem. Will a new HDD fix this issue? I got the same issue on a C450 w/ an IC-402. Is there a limit on the size of the HDD?

mitchl
09-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Going back to the original problem. Will a new HDD fix this issue? I got the same issue on a C450 w/ an IC-402. Is there a limit on the size of the HDD?
It really depends has the HDD gone bad or does it need to have the system software reloaded and /or both? HD replacement should be of the same size and speed as whats in the machine, most likely its a very common drive that can be purchased on Ebay for almost nothing......... KM will ream you price wise for pretty generic stuff.

jorge
09-11-2008, 02:06 PM
I want to thank HAROLD AND MITCHL for your help, the problem was solved,
I did all MITCHL said, system 2 and type 0 it was in position 1.
About ROCKETOP said, maybe i need the same HD it came, 80gb with system fiery included. if you want to send me something, and you can make a mirror to your HD.

caribecopier@codetel.net.do

jorge
09-11-2008, 02:11 PM
can you tell me where can I buy system software for IC-402?

thanks

Albonline
09-14-2008, 12:40 AM
You can preload a hdd for most fiery controlers. i do it all the time . you need a program called drive copy and a known good system drive for the controler in question. if you use a drive that is too large scan to email will not work . the standard drive in an ic401 is 20 gig. also once a non efi drive is installed you will NEVER be able to parrallel load that unit again!

Custom Search