PDA

View Full Version : NVRAM or network issue?

Custom Search

MVPunisher
12-12-2017, 04:27 PM
I have a machine/network displaying some strange symptoms. When the machine is plugged into their network , no data light. Machine offline.

If i plug my laptop into that same port, i get internet. All is well.....If i plug my laptop directly into copier , i get data light, i can print, etc. So network card does not seem completely dead.

This morning I showed up and replaced MFPb from a parts unit. Same symptoms, no network light.

A. NVRAM issue?
B. Network issue, something blocking this machine? At this point IP address and MAc address have both changed so what would it be blocking. Not the port because laptop connects fine to port.

Hmmmm

Max
12-12-2017, 04:56 PM
Hi. I had something similar. Turned out to be the network switch. Config issue, but all PC worked fine just not the copier. Try different location?

LNorris
12-12-2017, 05:06 PM
are you using same cable to connect from laptop to copier as they are using from copier to jack?

Phil B.
12-12-2017, 05:07 PM
did you use the same cable to their network to access the internet?

does the IP address jive with the network scheme?

MVPunisher
12-12-2017, 05:41 PM
Yes to cable, and yes to multiple cables.

As for IP address. The IP address does not have to jive with their scheme for the network light to at least turn on. But yes, it does jive and I have tried multiple IP addresses incase something was being blocked. Also DHCP.

Trying to get their IT involved to check switches and such. The laptop plugs into that port fine though.

Phil B.
12-12-2017, 06:24 PM
Yes to cable, and yes to multiple cables.

As for IP address. The IP address does not have to jive with their scheme for the network light to at least turn on. But yes, it does jive and I have tried multiple IP addresses incase something was being blocked. Also DHCP.

Trying to get their IT involved to check switches and such. The laptop plugs into that port fine though.

with all you have done Laptop -> copier OK
Laptop -> internet OK

then it has to be something in the network itself. Unless your company approves of you messing with the network I would say the ball is in the court of their IT group OOOOoorah!

Nommo
12-12-2017, 08:25 PM
It is always worth to have spare router for that kind of testing. Even cheapest crap would be good enough to test such things (in my country we bought cheapo router for around 20$). Every single time we got such problems (or network speed problems) we show customer, that with this crap router everything is fine, so he/she should call his/her IT department and fix that stuff :)

Regards,
Nommo.

darry1322
12-12-2017, 11:06 PM
Try taking the copier off Auto for network speed. Try setting to 100 MB Full Duplex and see if this clears the issue.

Zesti
12-13-2017, 08:44 AM
Just for information....which make/model of machine is in discussion. Darry1322 suggested the appropriate diagnostic, change network speed from auto to something below even 10mb half duplex. I've noticed you'r not changing cable, is that right?

Tech Helpdesk
12-13-2017, 11:47 AM
We have had damaged pins on the MFP NIC and we had to change the MFP board.

Good luck

I have a machine/network displaying some strange symptoms. When the machine is plugged into their network , no data light. Machine offline.

If i plug my laptop into that same port, i get internet. All is well.....If i plug my laptop directly into copier , i get data light, i can print, etc. So network card does not seem completely dead.

This morning I showed up and replaced MFPb from a parts unit. Same symptoms, no network light.

A. NVRAM issue?
B. Network issue, something blocking this machine? At this point IP address and MAc address have both changed so what would it be blocking. Not the port because laptop connects fine to port.

Hmmmm

Mealstech
12-13-2017, 02:37 PM
Something you may check, Look at the connectors on both ends of the Ethernet cable and make sure if its a hand made cable that the color code is right.
Ive ran into offices where the cables where working, but had all sorts of issues because they where wired up wrong. Sometimes computers can half way make sense of the connection but the copier has issues.

Custom Search