PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C280 ,dots on the surface of drums

Custom Search

pinspin
12-12-2017, 05:15 PM
Hello. We have several C280 copiers with the same problem. After 40K - 60K copies, dots appear on the surface of the color drums. The black drums are fine. The fault is returned after replacing the drum units. Replacing the main power supply, high-voltage power supply, transfer did not help. We will be grateful for any advice.

907tec
12-12-2017, 11:14 PM
Hate to ask, but... are you using OEM toner?

AjitN
12-13-2017, 02:40 AM

I don't think it is OEM Toner, even if Cartridge OR packing box looks like original.
It cannot happen that many machines have same problem, something must be common - TONER.
Also I have faced this problem many couple of times.
Hope it helps

pinspin
12-13-2017, 05:15 AM

toner is original

Zesti
12-13-2017, 09:00 AM
I agree with Ajit. PiNSPIN, don't know which country are you from and what environmental conditions you have there. Check for excessive humidity.
How many machines having same problem we are talking about?

allan
12-13-2017, 03:47 PM
Post a printed image with those drums. Make sure all adjustments like the background adjustment is set to 0. Or initialize the machine.

pinspin
12-15-2017, 03:22 PM
Thanks friends . We will try to change the toner supplier.

AjitN
12-15-2017, 03:51 PM
Thanks friends . We will try to change the toner supplier.

I do not blame supplier as they only purchase form somebody and sale to others, they even do not know the impact of this.
I have seen everything looks like original (Packing + Price tag + bottle etc.) but toner is not original and many suppliers sale that as OEM toner ( I don't blame them ) as even we qualified & experience engineers do not judge that just be visual unless we use them.
So my friend, never blindly believe in it even it looks like original, unless you have purchased directly from the company. (Especially when you have many such machines having same problem, only common thing is TONER,)

MORGY
12-15-2017, 04:26 PM
Had the same fault on C280. Removed the toners and emptied and cleaned the sub toner hopper. Replaced developers and drums and all was good.

I am not sure of the cause of this but am suspecting humidity.

Thanks

AjitN
12-16-2017, 03:31 AM
Had the same fault on C280. Removed the toners and emptied and cleaned the sub toner hopper. Replaced developers and drums and all was good.

I am not sure of the cause of this but am suspecting humidity.

Thanks

I think humidity around 40 to 70 is good for CQ.
Very low will give cloudy effect (Smoothness especially in highlight areas gets hampered)
Extreme Humidity will make toner and dispensing components sticky.

Custom Search