PDA

View Full Version : C364e shrinking PDF scan to email?

Custom Search

guitar9199
12-12-2017, 08:58 PM
Hey gang.... Another puzzler.I have a C364e that when the customer scans to email, the image of the pdf file created is actually shrunk by a fairly substantial bit...maybe 5-7%. It doesn't do that when making a copy.Current settings are...300 dpi- Auto color- Standard PDF. I had to enable edge erase to remove the border on the trailing edge of a scanned pdf until I figure out the fix.Has anyone else seen this, and if so what can I do to adjust it? The client is a bit.... "Persnickety" about their image quality.Thanks in advance...

BHM
12-12-2017, 10:22 PM
I have seen scanned pdf files that would not open in full page view but the actual image was fine.

If the scanned pdf is printed out is it reduced as well?

guitar9199
12-12-2017, 10:46 PM
I have seen scanned pdf files that would not open in full page view but the actual image was fine.

If the scanned pdf is printed out is it reduced as well?

Yes it is.

blackcat4866
12-13-2017, 12:59 AM
What reduction? Auto reduction? You can default it to 100%. =^..^=

smokeetr
12-13-2017, 01:04 AM
there is a software switch setting for that don't remember which switch but I remember you have to hex it to 40

guitar9199
12-13-2017, 03:37 PM
What reduction? Auto reduction? You can default it to 100%. =^..^=

It's already defaulted to 100%... but for some reason everything comes back reduced.

copier addict
12-13-2017, 06:09 PM
It's already defaulted to 100%... but for some reason everything comes back reduced.

Is your client's PDF program reducing the scans? Have you tested it by sending a scan to your own laptop?

guitar9199
12-13-2017, 07:38 PM
Is your client's PDF program reducing the scans? Have you tested it by sending a scan to your own laptop?

They're opening the PDF with Adobe Reader. It's multiple computers on their network, and they are scanning to email...not SMB/desktop scans.

guitar9199
12-19-2017, 02:30 PM
there is a software switch setting for that don't remember which switch but I remember you have to hex it to 40

Did you ever locate this setting? I'm still looking for an answer, but not having a ton of luck on my end.

copier addict
12-19-2017, 02:48 PM
Did you ever locate this setting? I'm still looking for an answer, but not having a ton of luck on my end.

When you scan to your own email what is the result?

guitar9199
12-19-2017, 03:17 PM
When you scan to your own email what is the result?

Identical result..PDF slightly smaller than the original (maybe 5-8%?). Customer is using a Gmail account for SMTP, and just recently noticed the problem. Their machine was replaced 6-7 months ago with a refurbished unit, but nothing was said until last week or so.

copier addict
12-19-2017, 04:34 PM
Identical result..PDF slightly smaller than the original (maybe 5-8%?). Customer is using a Gmail account for SMTP, and just recently noticed the problem. Their machine was replaced 6-7 months ago with a refurbished unit, but nothing was said until last week or so.

Could it be an A4 to letter issue?

habik
12-19-2017, 07:27 PM
Have you tried factory defaults for Scan function?

Reloading firmware? Or downgrade and then upgrade? Changing function version down and up?

Does the self diagnosis come OK in Service mode?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

guitar9199
12-19-2017, 10:55 PM
Have you tried factory defaults for Scan function?

Reloading firmware? Or downgrade and then upgrade? Changing function version down and up?

Does the self diagnosis come OK in Service mode?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Machine was set to defaults when installed...they only recently noticed the shrinking of the files, so it's likely been happening since it was delivered.

We installed the most recent firmware before we even brought it out to the customer. All diagnostics check OK... Strangely, it only happens on scan to file/email. If you make a copy, everything is well within specs....just those pesky PDF files are giving me fits.

BHM
12-19-2017, 11:17 PM
Sorry if I missed it but what happens if you select tiff format? There are some pdf compression settings that you can try if it is only when doing a pdf.

guitar9199
12-20-2017, 04:55 PM
Sorry if I missed it but what happens if you select tiff format? There are some pdf compression settings that you can try if it is only when doing a pdf.

I've not tried TIFF format. I'll reach out to the customer and have them give that a test and see if that's going to make a difference (they're 38 miles out from the office...). If TIFF files come out OK, where would I find the PDF compression settings?

srvctec
12-21-2017, 04:45 PM
How is the scanned pdf size from the glass vs. through the ADF?

guitar9199
12-21-2017, 06:50 PM
How is the scanned pdf size from the glass vs. through the ADF?

Scan results are identical.

BHM
12-21-2017, 09:01 PM
I've not tried TIFF format. I'll reach out to the customer and have them give that a test and see if that's going to make a difference (they're 38 miles out from the office...). If TIFF files come out OK, where would I find the PDF compression settings?

I am on vacation and I would have to get in front of a machine to find the off settings. It is in the Utility mode but that is as close as I can get you right now.
Let me know how the tiff file turns out and I can find that setting if need be.

D_L_P
12-22-2017, 01:38 AM
IIRC, compact pdf can cause the reduction, not just in file size, but original size as well. Or it was XPS PDF. Either way, it was something with the PDF format at the bizhub.

Custom Search