PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C360 Paper Tray Settings lock!?

Custom Search

copier tech
12-20-2017, 05:17 PM
Hi all,

I have a customer that prints onto various paper weights on 4 trays, from 80GSB up to around 220GSM when the tray weights are configured correctly all good, hower for some reason the customer keeps changing these settings & then books a call for "ink rubbing off" I go in set the settings back, show the customer all good however a fews weeks later they do the same thing!

My question is there a setting that a can lock the customer out from changing the paper weight settings to prevent them from changing them!?

copyman
12-20-2017, 07:15 PM
My question is there a setting that a can lock the customer out from changing the paper weight settings: Not sure if you can lock in from service mode or admin mode. But one thing I know works with my customers and should work for most, hand them a bill every time you go there to change settings back. Watch how fast they learn to change settings back on their own !!!

I have been faced with this same scenario a few times. After once or twice showing them how to do it, I hand them detailed written instructions and inform them next time there will be a charge for me to come out. Had this also happen with people thinking it is my responsibility to go out and put their toners in!

blackcat4866
12-21-2017, 12:36 AM
I agree entirely. You can lock out the tray settings, but you cannot prevent them from loading the 220gsm paper into the 80gsm tray. After the second warning and detailed written instructions (with a sign off), write a bill. Then continue to write a bill until they get it right. Eventually they will get it right. =^..^=

rrrohan
12-21-2017, 01:05 AM
Setup remote panel and fix it remotely. Or is that just a 4 series and newer function

Is custom pattern a option. You could just remove the tray select option and just leave copier on auto tray selection?

Make a really detailed guide with pictures and everything so they can fix it themselves.

I love that the 8 series has option for bypass tray so you can have it just trust the driver and ignore what the copier thinks the media type is

Custom Search