PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 552 B&W model

Custom Search

copyman
12-21-2017, 06:48 PM
Anyone have issues with the Biz 552 B&W drums not lasting long (see attached pic)? I have a machine that "genuine" drums are crapping out with lines, etc after only being used around 30%. Third drum this year! When I replaced 2nd drum back in Aug I also swapped the developer unit from a machine I had in shop with 56k clicks. Now today I just put 3rd drum in for this year !!! The drums are yielding around 75-100k when yield is suppose to be 300k.

Genuine toner.

Thanks in advance

ALI1369
12-21-2017, 08:27 PM
I already had this problem for the toner.The machine table number was above 600.

copier tech
12-21-2017, 08:49 PM
Genuine drum but are you using genuine toner!?

copyman
12-21-2017, 09:38 PM
Ali, Not sure what you mean about the 600? This is nothing like the Biz 600. Completely different animal!

copier tech, Yes genuine toner as noted on my original post.

D_L_P
12-22-2017, 01:31 AM
The time I saw a new drum fail like that there was a pile of toner on the frame/rail. Take out the dv unit and look slightly above the left rail the dv unit slides on. There may be excess toner there.

sendpiks
12-25-2017, 10:22 AM
Anyone have issues with the Biz 552 B&W drums not lasting long (see attached pic)? I have a machine that "genuine" drums are crapping out with lines, etc after only being used around 30%. Third drum this year!

This looks like drum was completely ended. This possible when you print very dense images (for example white text on black background) in this case drum work only 80-100K pages so Konica count drums on "standard" 5% density like generic office text/

copyman
12-25-2017, 02:57 PM
sendpiks, customer doesn't print anything unusual. Basic text, etc. But you did make me think about something, they do run some 8.5x14 & 11x17 larger paper. Next time I go there I'm going to see exactly how much of the larger paper they run. I only looked at the consumable life of drum. Perhaps they are running more of the larger paper than I thought. Does anyone know if the life counters factor in using larger paper?

Synthohol
12-25-2017, 05:20 PM
counters go by minutes of use so page count it totally irrelevant.

blackcat4866
12-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Non-OEM toner can make a huge difference. I've come across generic toners that lack the blade lubricant, and the drum blade will start to peel off as little chunks of rubber. =^..^=

allan
12-25-2017, 07:15 PM
Make sure the machine was not tweaked at some point.
Like the charge voltage/Dev bias (background adjustment) set from default.
Does the consumable life counter match the real age of the drum?
What is the TCR ratio? did you reset the dev tank when you changed it from the machine with 56K on?
Was there anything wrong with that machine?
What is the total count on the machine?

Compare the engine data from the management list with a good working machine.
Could be a bad bias contact...
Does it discard developer...

Custom Search