PDA

View Full Version : Scan setup with server

Custom Search

Nommo
12-22-2017, 01:45 AM
Hey.
I've got a question - is it possible to setup scans in such way that whole address book is downloaded from the server (to be more precise: I just add account on a server and all MFPs got new scan destination).
I know that it is possible with Active Directory / LDAP and Scan To Me function, but authentication is needed. Has anybody any other ideas how to achive such thing without auth?

Regards,
Nommo.

Synthohol
12-22-2017, 03:16 AM
there is a way to DL the current .csv address book from the copier, open it in excel and copy/paste into the correct cells and reimport.

Nommo
12-23-2017, 07:12 PM
Well yeah I know that it is possible. Option with using PageScope DataAdmin is possible aswell. But I wanted to achive as much automation as it is possible. Guess that LDAP/ActiveDirectiory is the only option :x

Regards,
Nommo.

KenB
12-23-2017, 07:45 PM
It is possible, but not in the way you’re thinking.

The Email addresses and user names could be exported from AD, and converted to a csv, but that would be up to the customer’s IT, not you. Once you have that csv you could import it.

In addition, it would not be dynamic; it would be a snapshot of what is there at the time of export.

Nommo
12-23-2017, 07:54 PM
Well I know that it would be as a snapshot, but that's not the thing I wanted to achive. For me best option would be to add account to server's OS and somehow get MFP to download that account. But that's not possible without authentication afaik.

About IT department ... Well maybe in US every company has IT departament... Here it's not that common..

Regards,
Nommo.

Custom Search