PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub 652 does not recognize a new toner cartridge

Custom Search

Laserbeam
12-24-2017, 10:54 AM
Hello,

yesterday, a customer called me, his bizhub 652 does not recognized a new toner cartridge. I tried again with another new cartridge, but the display still shows the message: "Toner is consumed. Replace toner as instructed".
In Tech-Menu - Level History 1, TCR-K value is 0,00% !!!!! :confused:
However, the printouts/copies where very good until the message "Replace Toner".
A restart or trouble-reset did not change anything. The display shows the same message.
Unfortunately printing or copying is not longer possible.

paulrid
12-24-2017, 11:02 AM
Check the small plate where the chip on the toner presses against when inserted into the machine, there should be 3 pins sticking out which connect to the toner chip. I have seen these bent in or broken so the machine doesn't see the toner being inserted.
paul.

Laserbeam
12-24-2017, 11:31 AM
Hello Paul,

thanks for your fast reply!
Yes, I checked these 3 pins. They are all visually fine and not damaged or broken. However, I didn`t remove these unit to examine it more closely. It seems that the toner cartridge chip is not recognized.
But why is the TCR-K value 0,00% ??? Could it be the developing-unit?

paulrid
12-24-2017, 11:53 AM
Hi,
i don't think the TCR level being at zero is the problem I've seen this when you get errors and until the machine prints something it shows zero. Have a look at the sensor check in tech rep and check the toner sensor, try removing and inserting the toners and see if they all show as should.
paul.

copyman
12-24-2017, 12:44 PM
Are you sure developer didn't dump? Very common on this machine.

I would try latest firmware first.

There are a few bulletins about toner not being recognized. Main thing was already mentioned about the pins that contact chip. Also about that small chip board being replaced.

Laserbeam
12-27-2017, 02:38 PM
At noon today, I renewed this sensor board (PN 4136765101) and all works fine!!!!!!!!!!! :):cool:
1000 thanks to you, copyman and paulrid!!! You've been absolutely right with your guess.

Custom Search