PDA

View Full Version : Could this be another reason "4" series Dev units failing ???

Custom Search

copyman
12-24-2017, 02:20 PM
I came across this tech bulletin when searching the internet trying to find a definitive answer why "4" series dev units are failing, most with well under 100k pages! Sucks when they are supposed to last 500k pages and colors cost $500 each! Bulletin probably posted here before but figured I would post it again. I found a few boxes in my stock with the old weight. Not sure if I'm going to use them.

Synthohol
12-24-2017, 04:00 PM
you are aware Konica replaces premature unit failures for free right?
if you are not a authorized dealer you should make friends with one.

copyman
12-24-2017, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the info. I work very closely with a K/M dealer. I wonder if K/M would still cover since the machines I service would be off lease and serial #'s wouldn't be from the dealer I work with?

Never had to think about this until recently when had a couple fail. After researching I saw how common this issue is. Been lucky up to this point I guess. Hopefully I'll continue to be lucky and not have many more crap out.

Gift
12-27-2017, 08:49 AM
Pretty odd, we've got plenty Cxx4 in thw fields and already swapping them for Cxx8 but very little movements for dev units in my storage. Good to know though. About this bulletin, anyone knows the publish date?

Custom Search