PDA

View Full Version : C3350 fuser flat spots

Custom Search

copiertec
12-27-2017, 06:28 PM
We have one box that keeps on getting flat spots in the fuser. We install the fuser and a day or two later, flat spots and jamming. We have made sure power save mode is on and believe the factory temp. settings are still at factory setting. Has anybody experienced this issue with these boxes? I'm going to go back with a new fuser and lower the fuser settings to see if it corrects the issue. Any ideas?

Phil B.
12-27-2017, 09:58 PM
We have one box that keeps on getting flat spots in the fuser. We install the fuser and a day or two later, flat spots and jamming. We have made sure power save mode is on and believe the factory temp. settings are still at factory setting. Has anybody experienced this issue with these boxes? I'm going to go back with a new fuser and lower the fuser settings to see if it corrects the issue. Any ideas?

is there a 'NIP CHECK' procedure? sounds like the gap is too small.

copiertec
12-27-2017, 11:16 PM
is there a 'NIP CHECK' procedure? sounds like the gap is too small.

Not sure, I will have to check, I did not see that in the service manual. The procedure is pretty cut and dry as far as installing a new fuser in the service manual. Basically, unplug the mfp, let it sit for about 20 min, install the new fuser, reset count in Service mode and done.

blackcat4866
12-27-2017, 11:57 PM
I sincerely doubt that you can adjust nipp width. That adjustment went away with the analogs. You may be able to rotate/idle the fuser periodically though, to minimize flat spotting. And lowering the fuser temperature and reducing the power save times is good for extending the life of the fuser and preventing warpage, but only if you're sticking to plain media. You'll run into fusing issues if they start using heavier media.

Whatever you decide to do, there will be benefits and consequences. =^..^=

copiertec
12-28-2017, 12:54 AM
I sincerely doubt that you can adjust nipp width. That adjustment went away with the analogs. You may be able to rotate/idle the fuser periodically though, to minimize flat spotting. And lowering the fuser temperature and reducing the power save times is good for extending the life of the fuser and preventing warpage, but only if you're sticking to plain media. You'll run into fusing issues if they start using heavier media.

Whatever you decide to do, there will be benefits and consequences. =^..^=
Thank you, Blackcat... I just finished browsing through the service manual and did not see anything pertaining nipp width. We did not have an issue with the MFP prior to installing a new fuser, the old one worked fine, however, after replacing it and doing the required steps to clear, we have had nothing but issues with flat spots. I will defiantly adjust power save and fuser settings to try to resolve the issue.

I researched in the service manual for default fuser settings and it does not give me much besides -20 C to +10 C.

blackcat4866
12-28-2017, 01:19 AM
Also check for firmware updates. I had a Copystar CS-500ci that began to fuse poorly immediately after a firmware update. I checked, and the default fixing temp was lowered a little too far. =^..^=

Custom Search