PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera FS-4200DN, squeaking noise

Custom Search

Hansoon
01-02-2018, 08:49 PM
Kyocera FS-4200DN, around 80K on the clock. Customer complaints about a squeaking high pitched noise from time to time especially after first start up in the morning but also regularly during the day. When I went, there was no noise (ofcourse.....) but I believe the lady sitting beside the machine that there is something going on and its driving her nuts.

Any known issues with this equipment? Any hints please?

Hans

JR2ALTA
01-02-2018, 11:50 PM
Kyocera FS-4200DN, around 80K on the clock. Customer complaints about a squeaking high pitched noise from time to time especially after first start up in the morning but also regularly during the day. When I went, there was no noise (ofcourse.....) but I believe the lady sitting beside the machine that there is something going on and its driving her nuts.

Any known issues with this equipment? Any hints please?

Hans

a lot of thoughts here..one i dont think was addressed was there can be a squeak from the dev unit. I don't know what exactly but i've spayed some lube on the right side gear pack area and fixed it.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/kyocera-mita-copystar/125440-fs2100d-squeeking-high-pitched-noise.html?highlight=#post586859

taskalfa
01-05-2018, 11:04 AM
a lot of thoughts here..one i dont think was addressed was there can be a squeak from the dev unit. I don't know what exactly but i've spayed some lube on the right side gear pack area and fixed it.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/kyocera-mita-copystar/125440-fs2100d-squeeking-high-pitched-noise.html?highlight=#post586859

I have have had a few make squeaking noises , usually it's the gear that drives the duplex tray under the printer , when the printer starts up it drives the fuser which also drives the duplex path, the faster the fuse rotates the louder the noise, if you tilt up the printer at 45* and drop the duplex tray down you should see the white gear around the middle of right hand side, you can see the gear spin at start up, hope that helps

Custom Search