PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous c7000 touch screen and key pad intermittent

Custom Search

zubinn
01-04-2018, 04:56 AM
hi i have a c7000 machine with an intermittent touch screen and key pad.

the screen displays okay, except there is intermittent response from the touch screen.

similar for the keypad sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

for the screen our current workaround is to plug in a mouse, for the keypad i can plug in a USB keyboard but i have not found a combination to access the admin settings.

what components would i need to replace to fix this problem ? the entire screen or entire keypad or some control board ?

thanks

Desert Rat
01-04-2018, 05:05 AM
I had this problem at one time, ended up changing both with no joy then swapped with the other unit I think that fixed it but I don't
remember. I will have to look through some old invoices.
As I recall it appeared as though someone dropped something on the screen and gouged it. There was some construction going on in that room
at the time.

DR

zubinn
01-04-2018, 06:23 AM
the screen and keypad are not damaged or scratched. it just decided to stop working properly after the new year long weekend.

Desert Rat
01-04-2018, 02:31 PM
I would first take it apart and clean the ground connections and use some contact cleaner on
on the connectors. While it is apart check the wiring for pinched or cut wires.
I just happen to have another C7000 that I could swap parts with, but ended up using a key board
and a mouse. I could still get into service and run programs but the customer did not want to spend
a lot of money on parts.

DR

zubinn
01-05-2018, 05:10 AM
usb key board and a mouse

can you share what is the equivalent for stop 0, 0, stop 0, 1 on a usb keyboard ?

thanks

Desert Rat
01-05-2018, 05:38 PM
I believe if you hold down the Utilities button while turning on the main power. Hold the button down for a minute or two, it should go into
the service mode.
Someone correct me if my memory is incorrect.

Good luck

DR

D_L_P
01-05-2018, 08:21 PM
Just another suggestion. Clean around the edges of the touchscreen, where the screen meets the plastic frame. Shoving the corner of a peice of paper and running it completely around works good. Especially along the bottom where dust and crumbs accumulate. Seen a few "phantom touches" that wound up being some crud along the edge of the screen that can't be seen.

zubinn
01-06-2018, 03:43 AM
yes utilities button is correct. but what if the keypad is not working.

is there an equivalent to the utilities button while using an external usb keyboard ?

I believe if you hold down the Utilities button while turning on the main power. Hold the button down for a minute or two, it should go into
the service mode.
Someone correct me if my memory is incorrect.

Good luck

DR

Desert Rat
01-08-2018, 05:27 AM
I think we used the 10 key on the key board.

DR

Custom Search