PDA

View Full Version : Konica Biz Hub 600 paper in the drum cleaning unit, again...

Custom Search

tonerjockey
01-10-2018, 05:05 AM
Hi guys. i went out for lines 3 weeks ago, or 3500 copies ago. cleared out the paper and changed the drum and blade. today the same thing.
i removed the paper and then tested the drum paper sensor which worked as expected when i had paper in there. the display showed clear jam on transport unit.
Then i watched the drum claws actuation and it was fine. i also checked the transfer sep unit, pulled the end block covers and checked for signs or shorting out.

i also observed the paper during copying and the paper never stayed tacked to the drum and was never anywhere near the claws.

it sounded like the customer was making 3 sets of between 90 and 300 sheets in separate groups. she had a jam but didn't find any paper.

i was leaning towards a faulty drum claw solenoid, but thinking that if the transfer/ separation corona was to short briefly, it would then stick to drum. but the claws should still strip and the photo sensor should stop in time to have customer find paper on transport.

i had done the 250k pm kit 37,700 copies ago, which includes the charge wire and grid. but the transfer separation wires and claws i don't believe have ever been done and the machine has a total count of 855600.
there used to be a kit listed that had more items in it than this 250k kit, but that is the only one i see now, the 57AE-PM25. the other one is 57AA-PM25

can anyone advise me on what the likely cause could possibly be?
the customer is getting displeased. and so am i.

i would really appreciate any help or advice. thank you vary much and i hope you have a nice day. Jim

copier addict
01-10-2018, 02:12 PM
Hi guys. i went out for lines 3 weeks ago, or 3500 copies ago. cleared out the paper and changed the drum and blade. today the same thing.
i removed the paper and then tested the drum paper sensor which worked as expected when i had paper in there. the display showed clear jam on transport unit.
Then i watched the drum claws actuation and it was fine. i also checked the transfer sep unit, pulled the end block covers and checked for signs or shorting out.

i also observed the paper during copying and the paper never stayed tacked to the drum and was never anywhere near the claws.

it sounded like the customer was making 3 sets of between 90 and 300 sheets in separate groups. she had a jam but didn't find any paper.

i was leaning towards a faulty drum claw solenoid, but thinking that if the transfer/ separation corona was to short briefly, it would then stick to drum. but the claws should still strip and the photo sensor should stop in time to have customer find paper on transport.

i had done the 250k pm kit 37,700 copies ago, which includes the charge wire and grid. but the transfer separation wires and claws i don't believe have ever been done and the machine has a total count of 855600.
there used to be a kit listed that had more items in it than this 250k kit, but that is the only one i see now, the 57AE-PM25. the other one is 57AA-PM25

can anyone advise me on what the likely cause could possibly be?
the customer is getting displeased. and so am i.

i would really appreciate any help or advice. thank you vary much and i hope you have a nice day. Jim

You need to remove the drum claw assembly and clean it thoroughly. Not a bad idea to replace the drum claws while you are in there. I used to work on a lot of these pieces of crap and this is a fairly common problem.

tonerjockey
01-10-2018, 05:51 PM
actually, this "toner pig" as its been called, is extremely clean. never spills, and what little it had, i always kept it clean. i looked close at the claw support bracket plate, and there was no toner on it. i guess a little developer fell out as i leaned it back, bit not enough to coat the tip of the screw driver.
in my observation, it seems that the paper should be off prior to the claws. i will do the claws, and would you suggest i also replace anything else??

as i need to get it right.

thank you very much, Jim

Albonline
01-10-2018, 07:16 PM
actually, this "toner pig" as its been called, is extremely clean. never spills, and what little it had, i always kept it clean. i looked close at the claw support bracket plate, and there was no toner on it. i guess a little developer fell out as i leaned it back, bit not enough to coat the tip of the screw driver.
in my observation, it seems that the paper should be off prior to the claws. i will do the claws, and would you suggest i also replace anything else??

as i need to get it right.

thank you very much, Jim
have seen drum grounding issues cause this on these ,you could monitor voltage at the drum slug . should stay steady at 0vdc. if you get spiking drum bearings have lost the conductive grease. can repack with high carbon grease. or replace. these are also a contributing factor to the over/under toning problems on this series.

tonerjockey
01-10-2018, 09:36 PM
i have been getting a dark shadow that is maybe 1 1/2 inch around that repeats in different spots allong bottom boarder, outboard, but it happened after replacing drum. requested a replacement and it was gone.
but after i did this clearing out the paper in the blade section, it was there on the working drum?? background issues used to be caused by a bad drum ground in analog machines.

Custom Search