PDA

View Full Version : Scan to print Konica Minolta bizhub C284 using gmail business

Custom Search

printerpurgatory
01-10-2018, 07:10 PM
[EDIT] Sorry about the title, it's obviously wrong I meant to put scan to email but my brain is so scrambled with this issue, I'm really not a printer/scanner guy, lol. Any help would be really nice.

Hello,

I'm trying to get the scan to email function to work on my Konica Minolta bizhub C284 I've tried with and without authentication. If anyone can help that would be great. I've been trying to post this question but haven't been able to see my posts afterwards so I'll wait until I get a response to start posting settings and such. We are using google business so I've tried with authentication off and with "less secure apps enabled". Can someone that's got this working help me?

Thanks
Jeff

printerpurgatory
01-10-2018, 07:36 PM
Here are my settings, and I have the device email and admin email both set to the email account below and "allow less secure apps" enabled on that email account. Thanks in advance

E-mail TX (SMTP)

E-mail TX Setting

Scan to E-mail
ON OFF

E-mail Notification
ON OFF

Total Counter Notification
ON OFF

SMTP Server Address
Please check to enter host name.

Use SSL/TLS
OFF SMTP over SSL Start TLS

Port Number
(1-65535)

Port No.(SSL)
(1-65535)

Certificate Verification Level Settings

Validity Period
Confirm Do Not Confirm

CN
Confirm Do Not Confirm

Key Usage
Confirm Do Not Confirm

Chain
Confirm Do Not Confirm

Expiration Date Confirmation
Confirm Do Not Confirm

Connection Timeout
30 60 90 120 150 180 210 240 270 300sec.

Max Mail Size
Limit No Limit

Server Capacity
Mbyte(1-100)

Admin. E-mail Address
printer@domain.com

Device Mail Address
printer@domain.com

Authentication Setting

POP before SMTP
ON OFF

POP before SMTP Time
sec. (0-60)

SMTP Authentication

SMTP Authentication Method

Kerberos
ON OFF

NTLMv1
ON OFF

Digest-MD5
ON OFF

CRAM-MD5
ON OFF

LOGIN
ON OFF

PLAIN
ON OFF

User ID
printer@domain.com

Password is changed. (Password is currently set.)

Password

Domain Name

Binary Division

printerpurgatory
01-10-2018, 10:49 PM
I found this researching the issue Gmail Scan Update for bizhub C284 | Transport Layer Security | Booting (https://www.scribd.com/document/312007906/Gmail-Scan-Update-for-bizhub-C284) which says that I may need an updated firmware for the c284 to work with gmail but I'm not sure which firmware version I have and either way I would need a tech that has access to the firmware to install from what I've read. Any suggestions on which one of these lines tells which firmware I have?

ROM Version

MFP Card Version
A1610Y0-F000-GB0-K8(00)

MFP Controller BOOT Program
A2X00Y0-1E00-G00-01(00)

MFP Controller Linux Base
Linux-2.6.26.8-rt16

MFP Controller Kernel Program
A2X00Y0-1C00-G00-66

MFP Controller SubSet
A1610Y0-1F00-GA0-K5(00)

MFP Controller
A1610Y0-0100-GB0-K8(00)

Operation Panel Message Data
A5C10Y0-8100-G00-K8

Fax Board Controller1

Fax Board Controller2

Fax Board Controller3

Fax Board Controller4

Scanner
A2XK0Y0-0023-G00-10

Printer
A1610Y0-0050-G10-32

ADF
A3CE0Y0-0024-G00-10

Finisher
A3EP0Y0-0071-G10-03

RU

ZU

Panel CPU
A1610Y0-8900-G62-00

DSC1

DSC2

Loadable Device Driver1

Loadable Device Driver2

SD

Voice Data

Movie Data
A2XK0Y0-C000-G00-30

Dictionary Data

OCR Library

Panel Sound Data

MFP Controller Thread Image Parameter

MFP Controller PIC Image Parameter

MFP Controller System
A1610Y0-1000-GB0-K8(00)

MFP Controller Print Controller
A1610Y0-3000-G01-46

MFP Controller Print Controller Font
A1610Y0-3F00-G01-40

MFP Controller Print Controller Demo Page
A2XK0Y0-3E00-G00-81

MFP Controller MIO
A2XK0Y0-5000-G00-S4(00)

MFP Controller PIC
A2XK0Y0-8200-G00-11

Synthohol
01-10-2018, 11:17 PM
pretty much any non "e" 4 series machine will not work on gmail without changing bit switches and installing 2 sets of special firmware. (which can cause other issues)
the non e machines are no longer supported by KM so they should upgrade. use this scenario to encourage upgrading.
office365 and gmail enhanced their security and no longer will accept traffic from devices that are not in compliance.
most businesses have an ISP, why not use their email info like comcast or verizon or roadrunner etc...
cant afford to upgrade? scan to SMB and email it from your PC/MAC

P.S. you have K8 firmware

printerpurgatory
01-10-2018, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the reply! I think the scan to SMB sounds like the safest bet. Do you think you can help me get that setup or point me to a how-to, I actually started configuring that earlier today but the how-to that I was following had a slightly different web interface, and instead of searching for another how-to example that matched my web interface I started trying to track down the scan to email issue again. Either way I will work on this tomorrow. It's nice to have a clear answer as to whether or not the scan to email will work on my model. Thanks again, I really appreciate it. :)

Synthohol
01-10-2018, 11:36 PM
check your PMs.

printerpurgatory
01-11-2018, 05:26 PM
I can't seem to get this to work either!! I'm following everything that SMB_setup_guide.pdf tells me to do. I can access the share with the user that I created specifically for the printer. I'm on a domain and have entered in that information. I've changed around the NTLM version from 1 to 2 and with 1/2 setting. Is there any other settings that I should be messing with other than the ones below? Thanks in advance. Also, right now we're just using a USB drive to get our scans, atleast that works :)

Client Setting

SMB TX Setting
ON OFF

SMB Authentication Setting
NTLM v1 NTLM v2 NTLM v1/v2 Kerberos Kerberos/NTLM v1/v2

Default Domain Name
DOMAIN

SMB User Credential Setting
ON OFF

Edit SMB User Credentials
Allow Restrict

User Authentication(NTLM)
ON OFF

DFS Setting
Enable Disable

Address Book (SMB)

No.

Use opening number

Direct Input

Name

Sort Character

Index

Specify a keyword for address search and display by registered name.

ABC DEF GHI JKL MNO PQRS TUV WXYZ etc

Main

Destination Information

Host Address

File Path
scans

User ID
printer

Password

copier addict
01-11-2018, 06:09 PM
I can't seem to get this to work either!! I'm following everything that SMB_setup_guide.pdf tells me to do. I can access the share with the user that I created specifically for the printer. I'm on a domain and have entered in that information. I've changed around the NTLM version from 1 to 2 and with 1/2 setting. Is there any other settings that I should be messing with other than the ones below? Thanks in advance. Also, right now we're just using a USB drive to get our scans, atleast that works :)

Client Setting

SMB TX Setting
ON OFF

SMB Authentication Setting
NTLM v1 NTLM v2 NTLM v1/v2 Kerberos Kerberos/NTLM v1/v2

Default Domain Name
DOMAIN

SMB User Credential Setting
ON OFF

Edit SMB User Credentials
Allow Restrict

User Authentication(NTLM)
ON OFF

DFS Setting
Enable Disable

Address Book (SMB)

No.

Use opening number

Direct Input

Name

Sort Character

Index

Specify a keyword for address search and display by registered name.

ABC DEF GHI JKL MNO PQRS TUV WXYZ etc

Main

Destination Information

Host Address

File Path
scans

User ID
printer

Password

Make sure your computer network location is either Work or Private. Also make sure password protected sharing is off. If you are using Win10 these two settings will get changed occasionally by OS updates.

printerpurgatory
01-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the reply. The share is on a Synology NAS so and don't think those settings are going to apply but of course I could be wrong. Any other suggestions anyone?

printerpurgatory
01-11-2018, 07:53 PM
So I got the scan to SMB to work!!!!!!! I thiiiiiink it was the "Direct Hosting Setting" but I could be wrong as I've been changing so many settings on the device, I feel like I bruteforced it. Well, just wanted to update everyone and not leave you guys hanging/s

Thanks for the help!! I'll be back once this stops working and I'm once again in printer purgatory :)

copier tech
01-11-2018, 07:59 PM
Yes there is a 'version up' firmware release for the non e Bizhubs this enables the e series features including gmail support

printerpurgatory
01-11-2018, 08:12 PM
Yeah, read that there is supposedly 2 firmware updates that need to be done then some bit registry changes for that functionality to be enabled. If you or anyone else could send me these firmware upgrades that would be awesome, ya know, just in case I feel like playing with my printer more.

Custom Search