PDA

View Full Version : Raspberry Pi for CSRC

Custom Search

rrrohan
01-12-2018, 05:44 AM
Running the Pi to get CSRC from some older desktop printers.

Memory card keeps dying and its a major pain to re setup.

Anyone else have experiance with these. What are your thoughts. Not sure if its worth the head ache.

Mealstech
04-13-2018, 09:27 PM
Don't know if your still having issues with this... But I have done quite a bit with the raspberry pi's myself and Ive ran into similar issues. I personally don't think the SD cards where designed for the constant write/read of an operating system, while they work, they are pretty easy to corrupt. A couple of things i have seen that may help. There is a way of making the pi store everything to ram on boot up, this takes the SD card out of the equation. Which is nice for power outages and instances where nothing needs to be saved. Can also setup the pi for boot from a USB drive. Another alternative Ive used instead of the pi, is the Odroid. They can boot from a EMMC module which seems to be more stable and faster read/write speeds. There are also more alternatives boards out there that dont use SD, but I dont know if they will do what you need.

Bix
04-16-2018, 07:41 AM
What microSD do you use? I had some problems with Raspberry with the microSD model. Raspberry suggests a class 10 microSD. By inserting the microSD class 10, I have solved several problems.

Custom Search