PDA

View Full Version : Bypass Tray - C253

Custom Search

ldf4c
09-10-2008, 08:20 PM
We just purchased a C253 model and I have a question about printing. Sometimes when a user submits a print job to the machine, the machine will ask to have paper loaded into the bypass tray. Once the paper is loaded, the machine will then print from the bypass tray. What exactly is the bypass tray and why are the print jobs requiring it?

Thanks

Scott_Lewis
09-11-2008, 01:48 AM
What exactly is the bypass tray and why are the print jobs requiring it?

1. The by-pass tray is the fold down paper tray on the right side of the machine.

2. Because the application running/sending the print job is telling the copier to use the bypass tray. Check your application and print driver settings.

Specilist KVN
09-11-2008, 03:48 PM
We just purchased a C253 model and I have a question about printing. Sometimes when a user submits a print job to the machine, the machine will ask to have paper loaded into the bypass tray. Once the paper is loaded, the machine will then print from the bypass tray. What exactly is the bypass tray and why are the print jobs requiring it?

Thanks

Certain types of stocks MUST be run through the bypass tray.

If you have loaded a special stock in another tray, you then set the paper type in the panel.

From the print driver select the paper type, you will need to leave the tray on AUTO unless it is a type of stock that requires the bypass tray to run efficently.

The bypass tray takes advantagve of what we call the "straight through path". In other words it does not have to go around the to additional rollers on the lower trays.
These settings can be a bit annoying at times, but they ensure efficient/fast output.

minimerlin
09-11-2008, 10:37 PM
I have to point out that the user handbook is a mine of useful information. It should be read and not left sealed up in it`s plastic bag!

Scott_Lewis
09-12-2008, 06:45 AM
I have to point out that the user handbook is a mine of useful information. It should be read and not left sealed up in it`s plastic bag!

You put me to shame. If I had said anything at all about the manual, it would have read more like .......

RTFM!

So, best I didn't mention it. :D

Specilist KVN
09-12-2008, 01:05 PM
You put me to shame. If I had said anything at all about the manual, it would have read more like .......

RTFM!

So, best I didn't mention it. :D

HAR HAR!!! :D:p

Konica Minolta Business Solutions | Help Desk (http://help.bt.konicaminolta.ca)

This is the CAnadian site where you can get the manuals in PDF format.

Custom Search