PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 224e Tray 3 / PC-410 Tray not ejecting

Custom Search

Choclit007
01-22-2018, 11:41 PM
So I was onsite & I pull on the handle and the tray moves about 1cm & catches & will not eject further even exerting a bit of force but seems to be hitting something solid.
Eventually I removed trays 1 & 2 & grab the rear of the tray & it then released.
Removed the front cover assy & slid the tray in/out & nothing is sticking; reassemble.
Tested ejecting it several times including letting the paper rise.
Seemed ok so I left (about 1" of paper in it).
Cust has now called back in with the same issue.

Has anyone else seen this?
Going back in the morning

blackcat4866
01-23-2018, 12:14 AM
This problem is a lot more common on Sharp copiers, but can be seen on Konica Minoltas also. The paper size detection mechanism in the tray is operated by a couple of very large sector gears that operate set of switches on the inner rear frame. Those gears are large enough that they can warp downward and snag on the front frame. On the Sharps I would remove the gears, then take my heat gun and warm up the gear to reverse the warp. Consider that the paper sizes do not get changed very much so you'll want the edge of the gear that's nearest the front of the tray at your current paper size needs to curve up a little.

The heat gun works much better than lighters, matches, pencil torches for reforming plastic. It's considerably easier to control the heat by how far away you hold the gun. And it's so disappointing when your plastic part bursts into flames, melting into completely useless ball of blackened plastic. =^..^=

antone
01-23-2018, 02:42 AM
So I was onsite & I pull on the handle and the tray moves about 1cm & catches & will not eject further even exerting a bit of force but seems to be hitting something solid.
Eventually I removed trays 1 & 2 & grab the rear of the tray & it then released.
Removed the front cover assy & slid the tray in/out & nothing is sticking; reassemble.
Tested ejecting it several times including letting the paper rise.
Seemed ok so I left (about 1" of paper in it).
Cust has now called back in with the same issue.

Has anyone else seen this?
Going back in the morningLook to see if white plastic runner are ok

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Choclit007
01-29-2018, 08:41 PM
So apparently there was a loose screw near the moving white latch piece - lifting the drawer would release it.
Used locktite on the screw & it has been fine:)

Custom Search