PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta Bizhubs and Letterhead paper - always duplex

Custom Search

jrstine
01-29-2018, 08:36 PM
I have noticed that the business class models of bizhubs will always flip the paper over only when running letterhead through one of the paper trays. If you put letterhead paper in tray 1 face up and then you try to print on it it will print the latter on the back side of the letter head. So, you will have to load the paper face down in order for it to come out right.

I have a customer that has both a C458 and a C808. The C808 does not experience this issue. The C458 will flip the letterhead paper. The customer wants to know why she has to load the paper differently between the two machine and I can not honestly give her and answer. I tested this on a few other machines for the 7 and 4 series and they do it as well.

Anyone have an explanation for why this happens?

Thanks

copyrooks
01-29-2018, 09:46 PM
I don't have a fix for this, but I too have also encountered this issue on a bizhub c458. I was about to blame MS Word for it but the customer said they would just flip the paper a certain way and i put on my running shoes and left. They haven't called back but I also thought it was strange.

blackcat4866
01-29-2018, 11:51 PM
How about calling your letterhead a custom paper type rather than letterhead? Does it make a difference? If yes, just name your new custom paper type letterHEAD or letterhead1 or whatever. =^..^=

habik
01-29-2018, 11:59 PM
What happens when you print 2 sided on plain paper? Nothing because there is no sides as they both plain. So it didn't matter which way the paper went through.

Which side is printed first on duplex?

Usually the 2nd side goes first and then the first then 3rd and 4th after and so on.

Since letterhead is used mainly on front side, and you printing 2 sided document with 1st page being printed on letterhead and the rest duplexed on plain the arrangement of sheets to come out on finisher have to have certain order the letterhead had to go face down as the blank or no print page 2 was added automatically due to Letterhead selection, so it will duplex but empty, prints the way it suppose to and all is in order on exit tray. Still haven't figured who came with such idea.
Then there is the art bit which leaves pick rollers dirtier than plain paper and causing smudge marks... Not much these days as the pick mechanism has improved a lot. But there is a clue.

Now don't ask me about A4R letterhead as that is another can of worms and I just don't feel like fishing that much. . . But something with 180 tick box and collating is coming to mind..just not sure.

And why 808 seems happy to print properly the rest seems duplex confused, thats just the way a lightbulb cracked somewhere in analogue head and got finally replaced by "digital LED" :D

Disclaimer: I might be totally wrong si take it with pinch of salt.

Sent from portable device using fast cheapset!

rrrohan
01-30-2018, 02:48 AM
i just disable that tray from the auto tray selection
then instead of having customer specify the paper type i just tell them to specify the paper tray

this is done with favourites in driver but some customer prefer separate print cues

copier addict
01-31-2018, 12:36 AM
When you set a paper tray to "Letterhead" the machine will flip the page over and print on the back. This is not an "issue" the machine was designed this way. I used to know the reason, but I have forgotten it.

Synthohol
01-31-2018, 04:30 AM
i just set a preset for "(1 sided) cover with image" so it pulls the letterhead off the bypass as a cover and pulls the following sheets from the non letterhead linen tray which is also clicked "off" auto paper.
also as far as whats different between the 2 "8" series, you can print the list output of both and hold the bit switch pages over each other in the light and see which bits are different and see what they control instead of paging through hundreds.
i hope that helps.

pajeroid
05-12-2023, 02:40 PM
I know this is an old thread but people will still be left wondering why Konica's are designed to do this on the letterhead paper type.

The reason is, if you are double-side printing on letterhead, the machine needs to do side 2 first so that the letterhead comes out face down, after printing on side 1. This is why you also need to put the letterheaded paper in the tray face down. If you are just doing 1-sided, the machine has to turn it around first, but this way, you can do both without the need to keep turning the paper over in the tray.

Hope this makes sense!

allan
05-12-2023, 06:11 PM
The only process that applies to the first side is fusing. Does it click one or twice? Serves it right pre-printed paper does a number on the consumables.

emujo2
05-12-2023, 06:43 PM
This is what I remember on letterhead paper..paper is loaded face down. This is to try and prevent the pickup rollers from leaving marks on the front side and possibly resulting in PCQ. The page is then duplexed and the side with the logo/lettering ect is then printed. E

allan
05-12-2023, 07:10 PM
This is what I remember on letterhead paper..paper is loaded face down. This is to try and prevent the pickup rollers from leaving marks on the front side and possibly resulting in PCQ. The page is then duplexed and the side with the logo/lettering ect is then printed. E

Makes sense. Thanks.

pajeroid
05-15-2023, 09:04 AM
HP have a similar setting, called "Alternative Letterhead Mode". See their explanation here HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 M712 - Alternative letterhead mode | HP® Customer Support (https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03484811)

Custom Search