PDA

View Full Version : Di650 ADF skew problem

Custom Search

OutlawTorn
09-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Hello all, more problems. I have a di650 copier that is missing the first inch or so off of each copy made through the document feeder. I have tried all the adjustments from the manual (i.e loosing screws and moving the ADF) and I have also tried a few alterations from inside the 36 tech menu. No luck, still feeding squint and missing that chunk of the copy.

Help?

thanks in advance.

Mark B
09-12-2008, 02:24 PM
I had this problem a long time ago. there is a new type of plate over the reg sensors.

OutlawTorn
09-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply. Does this mean I have to replace the two registration sensors or something else? which 'plate' do you refer to? sorry if I seem a little dumb here.

minimerlin
09-12-2008, 09:10 PM
I think that Mark B is talking about the guide that is underneath the adf at the left hand side (just to the left of the white scan plate). It is held on with three small screws. This guide plate carrys the black path sensors and has been changed to give better operation. Have you adjusted the adf height? It should be possible to se the origional as it crosses the scan glass is it skewed there? I suspect the adf is not sitting parrallel to the machine.

bpowter
09-12-2008, 10:22 PM
yea the cover over the reg sensor is missing or bent, try using black tape as a field mod

cobiray
09-12-2008, 11:39 PM
I've had that plate just have a heavy build up of paper dust on it. It's given me fits also.

lvangsnes
09-13-2008, 12:26 AM
I have also replaced the registration sensors (all three) to eliminate the missing the first inch of copy.

DUKEY
09-13-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm sure u fixed this already,but if you didn't here goes! when you lift the radf, remove the black guide and clean where sensors meet guide,if still happens! you must replace all 3 sensors at same time, which is only a percaution, its usually the rear bottom one that fails,

RockETop
09-14-2008, 02:59 AM
Just replace the black mylars over the skew/reg sensors. If it's skew, turn off ADF auto skew in the dipswitches.

DUKEY
09-14-2008, 08:43 PM
turning off the dip sw for skew dosen't work for a registration problems, maybe it works for you, but i don't rig or cheat fixes, your only leaving the problem for someone else, and the mylars aren't over the sensors, the guide itself is

RockETop
09-14-2008, 11:13 PM
turning off the dip sw for skew dosen't work for a registration problems, maybe it works for you, but i don't rig or cheat fixes, your only leaving the problem for someone else, and the mylars aren't over the sensors, the guide itself is

The title says skew, the post says otherwise.

For your edification:

Subject:
Registration shifted 1-1.5 inches when using the RADF.
Description:
Registration shifted 1-1.5 inches when using the RADF.
Solution:

CAUSE: The center Light Shield Sheet (Read mylar) mounted on the Platen Guide Part/Left is worn or improperly positioned.

SOLUTION: Move the center Light Shield Sheet (p/n 13QA45290) a few millimeters to the right. It is recommended that it be replaced because the adhesive back my not stick once it has been removed.

OutlawTorn
09-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Fixed! thanks again for all the help, this forum is next to godliness :D

I replaced the three registration sensors, and the black reg sensor cover... hey-presto - back in business!

thanks again.

Downunder
09-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Had this problem before on 7165 same as Di 650. Ended up swapping doc feeders. Tried replacing boards, clutches, etc. Must of missed something. But it cured the fault and shut the client up, which is our main problem.

Still havnt found what it was....interested too see what you find

Haroldbfix
09-26-2008, 06:04 AM
Fixed! thanks again for all the help, this forum is next to godliness :D

I replaced the three registration sensors, and the black reg sensor cover... hey-presto - back in business!

thanks again.

The cover is usually the issue. The black mylars bend down toward the glass, and light gets into the RADF and throws off the sensors. I quick test is to refom the mylars back up so that light cant get in and your done.

Custom Search