PDA

View Full Version : C203 with hash marks :::: :::: :::: black only

Custom Search

ssteph1984
02-08-2018, 10:13 PM
Please help. Konica Minolta C203 - Only on prints including internal prints. 9 groups of 4 that look something like this but picture 4 equal signs turned vertically :::: then a gap and 4 more until it stretches across the whole page - horizontally from front to back with a 3.5 inch gap in between the lines. Could these possibly be registration marks on the page for the sensor to read?

Dickie
02-09-2018, 10:12 AM
We had this issue a couple of years ago and despite changing various suggested parts from U.K Technical we never got to the bottom of it.
We tried the hard drive and all the running plug in memories on the main board plus other parts which unfortunately I can no longer remember after 2 years.
Their next suggestion was to do a print out of all settings followed by a full factory reset and RAM clear then spend at least half a day re-inputting all the original factory defaults and if that did not work try the main board although they are paired so you need to change both together.

At this point we scrapped it and put in a new machine.

Although this does not help solve the problem it may save you wasting a lot of time like we did !!

B0265
02-09-2018, 12:57 PM
It's probably a defective MFP Board.

D_L_P
02-09-2018, 01:51 PM
Only on prints including internal prints.

Check all the ribbon cables off the mfp controller. If they run parallel or are pinched close to a power cable its possible for the data being transferred to pick up 'noise'. Some ribbon cables have those magnets on them to prevent that, similar to the round ones on fax lines. The ones for ribbon cables break easy, maybe uts missing. Wouldn't hurt anything to add one either.

ssteph1984
03-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the replies. This is an ongoing issue. I just noticed that when printing in color prints have yellow hash marks. Still trying to figure this out.

Albonline
03-06-2018, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the replies. This is an ongoing issue. I just noticed that when printing in color prints have yellow hash marks. Still trying to figure this out.

these are digital artifacts , either in the image processing system (mfp) or in the print head itself (very slim chance), try removing the ram from the mfp board cleaning the contacts and reinstalling . also try replacing the ram, reseat all the ribbon cables.

NorthW
03-07-2018, 01:50 AM
I worked on a competitor's color machine and had similar fault, the itb drive roller was soiled and it caused dash like image on all colors, not sure how KM works but ya never know

AjitN
03-07-2018, 06:25 AM
Just a vague thought, is copy protection or stamping feature kept ON by default?

Custom Search