PDA

View Full Version : C364 SMB scanning issues

Custom Search

Laser Light
02-09-2018, 03:02 PM
we have been using this device for about 3 yrs now.. it randomly stops the SMB scanning to random computers.. i have tried to change settings on local pc's such as disabling the firewall, enabling all the smb options in the firewall.. disabled the share then set the share back up so far nothing has worked.. tried to contact konica but they sold the system to a vendor and wont help .. the vendor wont help because thats not part of the service agreement.. looking for some direction in which to go... i can ping the computers from the konica as well.. if im leaving something out please let me know.. the computers are windows 10 ..

Terry

mo0651
02-09-2018, 03:24 PM
Why do you think it is the copier's fault? Do all the computers stop scanning at the same time? Do you leave your computers on all the time, or do you let them do auto updates?
It's the constant changes in Windows 10 that is causing your problem. AND it is getting more fun with "Fall Creator"!:cool:

Laser Light
02-09-2018, 03:34 PM
i dont know 100% that it is the copiers fault thats why im here asking questions.. but if it connects to some windows 10 units and not others what would the other issue be?? if i turn the firewall off all the way there is nothing blocking access of the smb ports to scan to the folder.. auto updates are on for all pc's ..

Hansoon
02-09-2018, 05:02 PM
Sorry if Off-Topic and it will not help you but had today a related issue.

Customer with a BH-C-360 was happy scanning since over 4 years. Scan-FTP that is and the customer needed every workstation to have its individual scans and they don't like scan-e-mail. Did I say they where happy for many years with that situation?

However, they got a new IT guy who thought it to be a good idea to start to use Scan-SMB instead and he removed all the static IP addresses from the 8 workstations they have and configured everything to his own ideas. I was not happy with the new situation but the customer confirmed me that this IT-Bloke was a real trained professional and since I am not trained in IT but only doing-by-learning all the time I protested with a weak voice and kept further shut.

It worked for around 3 weeks than today they screamed that scanning is not working anymore since days. IT guy was not available all the time "If I could help" Well, since I have no access to their router configuration anymore now, I declined because being not able to assign static IP-Adresses to MAC-Adresses and also am I unaware about the DHCP range of the router, so risky just to apply any static addresses just like that to the workstations.

Well, the moral of the story is clear for me....., Better simple Scan-FTP than fancy Scan-SMB or so.

Hans

Laser Light
02-09-2018, 05:28 PM
it was setup with SMB scanning before i started here.. all the work stations are setup for dhcp and i use the computer name to connect vs ip addresses..

copier addict
02-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Check all the computers and make sure their network location is either "Work" or "Private". "Public" will not allow SMB scanning.
And then the usual suspect which is password protected sharing. Should be off.

Laser Light
02-09-2018, 06:23 PM
they are all on work network and the sharing is turned on .. we have a brother mfc that connects just fine so im having the users that are having issues with the konica use that for now..

T_foot2
02-09-2018, 08:21 PM
Check your sharing info in the folder properties Make sure they are shared FULL.. I've had windows 10 do some real strange things of late. They would share with full rights is one and it changes what you have just saved is another. And have had networks quite using host name address had to go back to ip address.

mincopier
02-09-2018, 10:11 PM
Did not see whether you updated the firmware on the copier or not. Also may check into the Administrator, Network Settings, SMB, SMB Client and enable NTLM V1/V2. Also look at the "Properties" of the folder being scanned to. Look at "Security" tab and se if your user is listed in their or not. If not add them and give them full/write rights. There is another button on the "Sharing" tab that has the same setup to check.

Myself I prefer to set up my own user and password so that if the regular user changes their password it doesn't affect the scanning.

As for the FTP above, SMB in reality is better in that there is less software to fail. Less resources being used since nothing additional has to be installed. Admittedly FTP is almost idiot proof to setup and works very well. I do use FTP asa fall back when needed.

Synthohol
02-10-2018, 12:02 AM
DHCP on the PCs is fine, just see if the copiers DNS addresses are local. then it can resolve local names to IPs.

Laser Light
02-12-2018, 12:38 PM
dhcp is enabled on the scanner ... it works for most of my users just not all of them...

copier addict
02-12-2018, 02:11 PM
dhcp is enabled on the scanner ... it works for most of my users just not all of them...

There have been a few SMB scanning issues I have not been able to find a reason for. In these instances I have had to create a user on the computer with a password and send the scans using these credentials. You have to change the name on the copier to match the new user name.

guitar9199
02-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Check the properties of the IPv4 adapter in Network and Sharing Center. Click the "Advanced" button, then select the WINS tab. Most likely the default setting is "NetBIOS over DHCP".... SMB scans don't like that setting. Change it to "NetBIOS over TCP/IP", and after rebooting the computer, try a test scan.

...I had one just like this on a Canon imageRUNNER Advance that I fought with for 3 days before I discovered this little nugget!

mo0651
02-14-2018, 02:47 PM
KonicaMinolta has released Special firmware to help with SMB 2.0 problems. GBF-MO

Laser Light
02-15-2018, 06:38 PM
thank you both i will check them both out and get back at ya ...

Custom Search