PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 283 C1004

Custom Search

copierknob
02-10-2018, 12:07 AM
User originally called with code c-1004. When I arrived the machine displayed turn main power off/on with code L-8. I deleted all trouble codes. Did a trouble code reset. Now the machine just displays turn power off/on. In addition to above I have tried:
a firmware rewrite
unplugging finisher and powering off and on.

I put a Bizhub 223 in its place for now. That one won't feed from tray 3 :D. But trays 1,2, and 4 work fine. Paper gets about half way out of the tray. I replaced the entire tray 3 feed unit and motors from working 283 with same result. I ordered the clutch's, rollers, and torque limiter anyway to try that. Should be here Monday.

Thanks in advance!

blackcat4866
02-10-2018, 12:22 AM
Did you unplug the bridge unit from the machine before powering up? The finisher connects to the bridge, then the bridge to the MFPB.

So if it won't power up with bridge and finisher disconnected, it could be the MFPB. If it does power up without the finisher it could be the JSCB (bridge controller), or FSCB (finisher controller).

As experience goes, I've seen one bad bridge controller, and no bad finisher controllers.

Can you get into service mode to do a System Error Clear?

copierknob
02-10-2018, 02:41 AM
Did you unplug the bridge unit from the machine before powering up? The finisher connects to the bridge, then the bridge to the MFPB.

So if it won't power up with bridge and finisher disconnected, it could be the MFPB. If it does power up without the finisher it could be the JSCB (bridge controller), or FSCB (finisher controller).

As experience goes, I've seen one bad bridge controller, and no bad finisher controllers.

Can you get into service mode to do a System Error Clear?

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

Not sure what a bridge is. The finisher is internal. I pulled the gray plug from the back of the 283. The manual says:

When the FSCB is receiving data, a communication error is detected.

Later it has a grid on page K-138.

So I don't know if I should be looking at the FCSB or the JSCB. Maybe because I don't know what ICP is :eek:

Initially i was able to get into service mode and I did clear all the codes.

blackcat4866
02-10-2018, 03:00 AM
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

Not sure what a bridge is. The finisher is internal. I pulled the gray plug from the back of the 283.

Ah! I don't think you mentioned the part about an internal finisher. You don't have a bridge.

So I don't know if I should be looking at the FCSB or the JSCB. Maybe because I don't know what ICP is.

An internal finisher does not use a bridge, so you do not have a JSCB. An ICP is a microscopic fuse soldered onto a circuit board. Perhaps you have better soldering skills than I do, but I haven't had much luck de-soldering then re-soldering a fuse measuring 1.5mm x 3.0mm. Here's a picture of a failed ICP3 I came across recently (it's at the phone's maximum enlargement):

=^..^=

copierknob
02-10-2018, 04:07 AM
Ah! I don't think you mentioned the part about an internal finisher. You don't have a bridge.

An internal finisher does not use a bridge, so you do not have a JSCB. An ICP is a microscopic fuse soldered onto a circuit board. Perhaps you have better soldering skills than I do, but I haven't had much luck de-soldering then re-soldering a fuse measuring 1.5mm x 3.0mm. Here's a picture of a failed ICP3 I came across recently (it's at the phone's maximum enlargement):

=^..^=

Thanks again for the reply.

I did not mention it originally. I realized after your reply. I thought a bridge might be for an external finisher. So that reminded me that I should probably mention it :)

Since there is no JSCB I can rule out the grid and worrying if the ICP is firing. But at least I know what one is now :)

Since there is no JSCB, it can only be the FSCB? Do I need to remove the finisher for that?

blackcat4866
02-10-2018, 08:03 PM
So you unplugged the finisher and the MFP still does not power up?

Make the following live checks @ the FS-529 controller board:
ICP R1 (24VDC both ends to ground)
ICP CP1 (24VDC both ends to ground)
CN83L pin1 to CN83L-4 (24VDC)

Check the MFPB:
Re-seat CN22 at MFPB
Re-seat CN93 at back cover
Re-seat CN83A at FS-529

Check DC Power Supply:
CN6 pin 2 to CN6 pin5 (24VDC)

I can help to interpret the results. =^..^=

copierknob
02-11-2018, 10:46 PM

Check the MFPB:
Re-seat CN22 at MFPB
Re-seat CN83A at FS-529

Check DC Power Supply:

I did unplug the gray plug, I assumed was the finisher.

This will be the first time I have used a meter. :( First I'll have to buy a meter. So I'll be measuring DV volts?

blackcat4866
02-12-2018, 12:30 AM
I did unplug the gray plug, I assumed was the finisher.

This will be the first time I have used a meter. :( First I'll have to buy a meter. So I'll be measuring DV volts?

Yes, correct. =^..^=

copierknob
02-13-2018, 12:01 AM

I am afraid I didn't see any of these in the picture or the manual grid.

Check the MFPB:
Re-seat CN22 at MFPB
Re-seat CN83A at FS-529

Same with these, except CN22. I did see that one.

Check DC Power Supply:

I didn't even get to this last one.

copierknob
02-13-2018, 10:21 PM
I think I am getting smarter. lol This is the CN83L right? How do I know what pin is 1,2,3, and 4?

I can check CN93 tomorrow. CN83A connects to CN93.

I don't see anything that says ICP on the board. I see IC followed by a number, but haven't found ICR1 or just R1 or CP1. Found everything but of course. I took pics so I will be scouring those tonight. I am looking at the FSCB for those.

blackcat4866
02-13-2018, 11:18 PM
... This is the CN83L right? How do I know what pin is 1,2,3, and 4?

There will be a "1" at one end and a "4" at the other end of the board connector. Or you could just read voltages across the first and last pin (It's a 4 pin connector).

If there was a picture, I don't think it attached. =^..^=

copierknob
02-13-2018, 11:28 PM
There will be a "1" at one end and a "4" at the other end of the board connector. Or you could just read voltages across the first and last pin (It's a 4 pin connector).

If there was a picture, I don't think it attached. =^..^=
oops
This is what the manual says is CN83L, the four pins. CN83A is the 6 connector part. Or I guess the CN83 part is the wires leading from this to the connector.

copierknob
02-14-2018, 02:58 PM
I found one! LOL :D:D:D
Found a TP1 and ZD1, still looking for R1

copierknob
02-14-2018, 10:24 PM
Is 5.00 for both ends on the CP1 right?

Can't find any R1 ICP. There is an R1 but it is not an ICP.

Is there a trick to removing exit tray? I couldn't get it out today to try and do the power supply.

Also haven't figured out how to get to CN83 yet.

blackcat4866
02-15-2018, 12:24 AM
With the finisher removed and the side cover off, you'll see the two screws for the engine top cover. IIRC though the PS is on the left side. =^..^=

copierknob
02-15-2018, 09:33 PM
So the 223 I put in place of this 283 had a finisher C-1191 problem today. I can see the piece that is out of position on the FS-529. What I did was take the finisher from the 283 and put it on the 223 and it works.
That means the issue with the 283 is not finisher related right?
That means I can forget about the CP1 and the R1 right?
Should I still look at the CN83 A and L?

blackcat4866
02-15-2018, 11:58 PM
Correct, not finisher issue. Perhaps PS, perhaps MFPB.

copierknob
02-16-2018, 10:25 PM
I feel like I am going to be a real copy tech by the end of this lol Where do I send the check? :)

CP1 = 5.00
CN6 pin 2 and 6 = 24.11

Is that CN6 reading good enough to determine it is not the power supply, but the MFPB? Or should I swap the power supplies just to make sure? (I was going to try that today, but they had different numbers on the sticker that looked close enough to part numbers so I did not try it).

My final question concerns the CN83. Is it the white connector in this photo what I unplug and measure? The leads won't go far enough into the beige piece below, which is what the FS-529 plugs into. After thinking about it. CN22 goes to CN83. So it has to be the white connector.

blackcat4866
02-17-2018, 02:27 AM
The idea is to track the 24vdc from the PS to the finisher controller. Since you have 24vdc at CN22 the PS is fine. This also rules out any dead shorts to that same 24vdc circuit.

Did you say that the finisher worked on the loaner? That rules out any problem with the finisher. Just make sure that the finisher firmware is at a compatible level.

The logical choice is the MFPB, or the harness from the the MFPB to the finisher. You can pin-out the harness easily enough.

Do you follow my logic? =^..^=

copierknob
02-18-2018, 04:39 AM
The idea is to track the 24vdc from the PS to the finisher controller. Since you have 24vdc at CN22 the PS is fine. This also rules out any dead shorts to that same 24vdc circuit.

Did you say that the finisher worked on the loaner? That rules out any problem with the finisher. Just make sure that the finisher firmware is at a compatible level.

Correct

The logical choice is the MFPB, or the harness from the the MFPB to the finisher. You can pin-out the harness easily enough.

Do you follow my logic? =^..^=

The harness? Is that the CN83?
Not sure what pin-out means.

blackcat4866
02-18-2018, 03:40 PM
When you pin-out a wire harness, you're measuring resistance (preferably 0 Ω). You identify the proper connector on the finisher and the proper connector on the MFPB, and measure resistance from the pin on the finisher end to the pin on the copier end. I find that it's useful to make a chart on paper, then check them off as you go:

As an example:
Finisher: CN100 MFPB: CN3
Pin1 Pin3 0 Ω

The hardest part is finding the first connection. The rest are usually sequential. If you find a pin-out that's more than 0, possibly ∞, that could be a problem.

The thing that usually throws me when I'm pinning out harnesses is when the meter misbehaves. Occasionally check meter pin to pin to make sure you're getting 0 Ω. A bad meter lead or a bit of corrosion on the meter switch contacts can make it read wildly different. You're meter may be new, but for most of us the meter has been ratting around in the toolcase for at least a decade in highly humid conditions and temperatures from -10F to +100F. =^..^=

copierknob
02-20-2018, 02:06 AM
Thank you very much.
The MFPB CN22 runs to CN93 connector that connects to CN83A on FS-529. I want to test CN22 and CN83A? Those pins are
1-6 TXD 2
2-5 GND
3-4 RXD1
4-3 GND
5-2 CTS
6-1 RTS

blackcat4866
02-20-2018, 07:39 PM
Thank you very much.
The MFPB CN22 runs to CN93 connector that connects to CN83A on FS-529. I want to test CN22 and CN83A? Those pins are
1-6 TXD 2
2-5 GND
3-4 RXD1
4-3 GND
5-2 CTS
6-1 RTS

Yes, correct.

copierknob
02-20-2018, 11:30 PM
Thank you. when those come back 0 I'll replace the MFPB?

I got the piece back in place on the broken FS-529. Getting the lift tray back in place is proving difficult. I broke one of the clips the manual calls "roll" on the upper shaft, not the one I removed. I got that one back in place. I can't get the thing to lay back down.

How do I get a setting to stay changed, like background removal level? Like ona Canon I have to go into the settings/registration to get the change to stick. Is there something like that for Konica also?

blackcat4866
02-21-2018, 12:20 AM
I may miss a few keystrokes but it goes something like this:

Make the desired changes in the copy screen. Go to Utility > User Settings > Copy Settings > Copy Defaults > choose Factory Default or Current Settings > OK. You have to be quick enough that the machine doesn't default back to the home settings before you get it locked in. The same goes for scan settings (except ... Scan Settings > Scan Defaults ... etc. etc.). =^..^=

copierknob
02-23-2018, 04:58 AM
Thank you for that! Got the broken finisher back together and ti was working when I left. So i can get back to the borken machine with a working finisher.

So these two items are on opposite sides. I can't see them both at the same time. How do I get my leads on the pins? The CN22 is behind the frame in this photo. Oh I guess I could unscrew the plug and maybe pull it out, that's the bottom red arrow which I guess is CN83 from CN93.

copierknob
02-23-2018, 09:22 PM
I think I tested all 6 today and they were all 0. But I discovered what I was testing was CN22 on the PRCB, not MFPB. I am supposed to be testing something that connects from the MFPB to the FSCB? The wiring diagram shows it connected to the PRCB.

blackcat4866
02-24-2018, 03:00 AM
If it goes to the PRCB, then that's the board you'll need to replace. Be sure to follow the directions in the manual. It's not just a swap. =^..^=

copierknob
02-24-2018, 04:52 AM
Yes the manual indicates I have to rewrite the firmware to the latest one. I already have that as I tried that as a fix. It says to move the EEPROM. Does that just pull off the old board?

It also says:
"When the EEPROM (IC51) is replaced to the brand new one, the error 'License management error occurred' will be occurred.
In this case, it is necessary to repair the i-Option license management information"

What does that mean?

blackcat4866
02-25-2018, 01:01 AM
Yes the manual indicates I have to rewrite the firmware to the latest one. I already have that as I tried that as a fix. It says to move the EEPROM. Does that just pull off the old board? ...

Yes. I use a Husky branded Tack Puller:
Husky 4 in. Round Shaft Standard Tack Puller Screwdriver with Butyrate Handle-20117749 - The Home Depot (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-4-in-Round-Shaft-Standard-Tack-Puller-Screwdriver-with-Butyrate-Handle-20117749/204255269)

... It also says:
"When the EEPROM (IC51) is replaced to the brand new one, the error 'License management error occurred' will be occurred.
In this case, it is necessary to repair the i-Option license management information"

What does that mean?

It means that you should swap the old EEPROM to the new board so this won't happen. =^..^=

copierknob
03-02-2018, 11:13 PM
Still waiting on that part. Supposedly went out today and will be here in 2 days.

In the meantime I have that 223 jamming from tray 3. All other trays work, including bypass. So I changed the entire feed unit and motors from a working machine. That eliminates all rollers and clutches, PS36, PS28 (because tray 1 works), M31, M32, and PS1 (because tray 4 works). What next?

blackcat4866
03-03-2018, 02:02 AM
Jam code?

copierknob
03-06-2018, 08:47 PM
The PRCB did not fix 283 issue.
Manual mentions unable to produce DC5v in FN and MFP unable to detect FN. I know we checked the 24V to FN.
Are there entire units I can swap to test? I have working 283's I can use to swap parts.

Here's the 223 jam code: I searched manual for 2021 and eliminated M31, M32 and PS36 by swapping the motors and entire tray 3 pickup/feed unit from a working 283.
If PS28 was the problem tray 2 would not work right?
If PS1 was the problem tray 1 wouldn't work right?

Custom Search