PDA

View Full Version : C352 issue...

Custom Search

blax
02-14-2018, 05:02 AM
i am getting: "printer is in an error state", i replaced DIMM modules from another machine, cleaned boards, and rough memory check is ok, but we can not solve it... any ideas?
machine have attached a IC-406 fiery device.
thanks!

Synthohol
02-14-2018, 12:51 PM
sorry, thats too vague.
where are you getting the error message? copier control panel or command workstation?
have you logged into the emperon controller to see more error details? sometimes its in red on top of the page.

blax
02-15-2018, 07:00 AM
i get the error on control panel lcd, machine can do copies, work fine with fiery remote scan, but 0 print pages from computer, was working fine but started to fail when just first page printed from a 10pages document, and now we can not print any pages... emperon do not show anything... in the driver window appear; machine is in an error state when i send a printjob...
machine was working fine with IC-406_PS_Win2K_XP_32_64_Vista_32_64_Ver_1.01s driver

sorry, thats too vague.
where are you getting the error message? copier control panel or command workstation?
have you logged into the emperon controller to see more error details? sometimes its in red on top of the page.

blax
02-16-2018, 03:53 AM
the problem is i only can print 1 print job, if i send more, command wordstation freezee, and emperon, shown error state...
any ideas?

Albonline
02-16-2018, 05:19 PM
the problem is i only can print 1 print job, if i send more, command wordstation freezee, and emperon, shown error state...
any ideas?

hdd?

blax
02-16-2018, 08:35 PM
i suspect is fiery ic406 module, but i dont know how to made a diagnosis of fiery

Synaux
02-16-2018, 09:08 PM
Have you tried turning it off and on again? If so, are you saying after each reboot, you can only print one job then it goes to error state in the print que?

"i get the error on control panel lcd" what is the error?

Try PCL drivers to eliminate driver related issue.

Does the 406 have led codes on the back side where all the cable hook up to it? If so, what does it show?

blax
02-16-2018, 09:16 PM
on lcd screen of c352 if i print more than 1 file, then appears the code involving extraction hardware timeout, that code referal about DIMM or board replacement, but i tried with another memmory modules and memory is not the failure reason...
i have installed PCL drivers and same issue...
fiery just have 1 green led, and always is green... each time i need print a file, i need restart the machine...
machine was working fine for 2 years, but recently started to experiencing this failure.
if i remove the fiery to check if fiery is the reason, do i need to setup something in service mode? something like "uninstall board" or so?

Phil B.
02-16-2018, 09:22 PM
on lcd screen of c352 if i print more than 1 file, then appears the code involving extraction hardware timeout, that code referal about DIMM or board replacement, but i tried with another memmory modules and memory is not the failure reason...
i have installed PCL drivers and same issue...
fiery just have 1 green led, and always is green... each time i need print a file, i need restart the machine...
machine was working fine for 2 years, but recently started to experiencing this failure.
if i remove the fiery to check if fiery is the reason, do i need to setup something in service mode? something like "uninstall board" or so?

is there a numerical error code to it? what is the EXACT message?

Synthohol
02-16-2018, 11:02 PM
in command workstation, run a "clear server" that will clean up the HDD in the fiery.
you can also do a backup on the fiery so it will save all the settings then restore to factory and print a config sheet because it went back to DHCP so you can restore your settings.
also when printing i hope its set for LPR with Print as the queue. thats the correct way.
also if the fiery is giving the copier its IP address have you tried printing directly to the machine (emperon) to eliminate the fiery as to this issue?
if you think its the fiery, run a fresh copy of system software so the Fiery will be like brand new.

also fwiw i have had those controllers where the CPU cooler gets so filled with dust and hair it will overheat and do wacky things.
even had one where the leg of the cooler fan broke so the heatsink was barely touching the CPU.

if your fiery is set to retain 99 jobs (some do by request) there is little room for the jobs to RIP.
try the clear server first, archive whatever jobs you neede to keep locally to a PC and see if clearing the server helps.
if you decide to try system software, i can help you out, just become a $$ contributor to this site (ya get a cool badge on your avatar) so we know you arent just looking for a handout.

Synaux
02-17-2018, 08:14 PM

Exactly! :rolleyes:

Everything that Synthohol said, but I would also add to be prepared with compressed air-can or air compressor (do NOT use a vacuum) to clean up all the dust/hair/etc. Also, I strongly recommend taking the heatsink off the CPU and cleaning off that garbage thermal tape and apply a quality thermal paste. If you are not computer savvy enough I am sure a computer shop will do it for pretty cheap. That is pretty unfortunate that this model does not have code-LED on the back--that feature can be very helpful.

Anyways, you can change the Image Controller Setting in System 2 in Service Mode to "Controller 0" to use the standard controller ("Controller 1" for fiery)

blax
02-17-2018, 08:22 PM
error C4765

blax
02-17-2018, 08:30 PM
yes, i will contribute, no idea before about $$ avatar hehe until you said :)
and yes, i back the fiery to factory defaults, all files inside HDD were erased, and re-setup ip address ( i was printing using emperon and CWS, both methods)
i will try remove the entire fiery unit and clean inside... service as a normal computer, clean dust, check fan impedance, heatsink grease, and so, many factors about thermal overheat just to discard dust or so..

in command workstation, run a "clear server" that will clean up the HDD in the fiery.
you can also do a backup on the fiery so it will save all the settings then restore to factory and print a config sheet because it went back to DHCP so you can restore your settings.
also when printing i hope its set for LPR with Print as the queue. thats the correct way.
also if the fiery is giving the copier its IP address have you tried printing directly to the machine (emperon) to eliminate the fiery as to this issue?
if you think its the fiery, run a fresh copy of system software so the Fiery will be like brand new.

also fwiw i have had those controllers where the CPU cooler gets so filled with dust and hair it will overheat and do wacky things.
even had one where the leg of the cooler fan broke so the heatsink was barely touching the CPU.

if your fiery is set to retain 99 jobs (some do by request) there is little room for the jobs to RIP.
try the clear server first, archive whatever jobs you neede to keep locally to a PC and see if clearing the server helps.
if you decide to try system software, i can help you out, just become a $$ contributor to this site (ya get a cool badge on your avatar) so we know you arent just looking for a handout.

blax
02-17-2018, 08:38 PM
yes, i h ave all materials to do service for the unit, i never opened the cabinet but you are right, this ic-406 was released on 2000-2002, so should have tons of dust inside. after a big clean, which CPU temperature should be the right one? i can use a thermometer to see overheat.

Service Mode -> System 2 -> "set Controller to 0" = standard controller (<-- is this the internal machine controller right?)

Exactly! :rolleyes:

Everything that Synthohol said, but I would also add to be prepared with compressed air-can or air compressor (do NOT use a vacuum) to clean up all the dust/hair/etc. Also, I strongly recommend taking the heatsink off the CPU and cleaning off that garbage thermal tape and apply a quality thermal paste. If you are not computer savvy enough I am sure a computer shop will do it for pretty cheap. That is pretty unfortunate that this model does not have code-LED on the back--that feature can be very helpful.

Anyways, you can change the Image Controller Setting in System 2 in Service Mode to "Controller 0" to use the standard controller ("Controller 1" for fiery)

Synthohol
02-17-2018, 09:13 PM
yes controller 0 is the standard built in controller.

blax
02-19-2018, 11:17 PM
i have removed fiery unit, cleaned inside and same issue.... cant print more than 1 file...
without fiery, the machine can print 2,5,10 files perfectly... so fiery is not working fine...

fiery its a computer with a PCI card, is there some tests to perform to know how to solve it?

blax
02-19-2018, 11:29 PM
user image

Synthohol
02-19-2018, 11:35 PM
is it calling for a consumable? toner, drum, fuser etc...

blax
02-19-2018, 11:43 PM
nothing... all consumables are ok, without fiery the machine work so good... the problem is with fiery attached.

is it calling for a consumable? toner, drum, fuser etc...

Synthohol
02-20-2018, 02:27 AM
then redo system software, log into it, save the settings backup file to PC and install.
if you need system software let me know.

blax
02-20-2018, 07:06 AM
yes, please send me the software, thanks :)

AjitN
02-24-2018, 06:58 AM
i am getting: "printer is in an error state", i replaced DIMM modules from another machine, cleaned boards, and rough memory check is ok, but we can not solve it... any ideas?
machine have attached a IC-406 fiery device.
thanks!

As you mentioned problem with both external & internal processes, leaves PRCB or MFP
Hope internal test prints also have this problem if you choose multiple prints.

blax
03-07-2018, 04:11 AM
Synthohol sent me fiery software and now i can print more than 1 file with new fiery system, but now i have a "new" problem... b/w copies or printings are ok... but color copies or color printings from PC, with or without fiery unit attached, (controller 1,0) prints like attached picture.... hole sheet replenished with cyan toner with a distort pattern... i replaced one more time soDIMM and DIMM memmory modules, cleaned IDC sensors... and test with another IU...
any ideas to solve it?

Synthohol
03-07-2018, 04:38 AM
Eww..
do copies do the same?
reseat all connections for fiery and VI board?

blax
03-07-2018, 06:04 AM
all copies do the same... even if i detach ic-406 controller...
distortion patterns should be a ram issue but not really cause i replaced all modules again...

Synaux
03-07-2018, 06:59 PM
all copies do the same... even if i detach ic-406 controller...
distortion patterns should be a ram issue but not really cause i replaced all modules again...

Did you actually check the RAM in Service Mode?

What were the attacked photos supposed to look like / have you tried printing any patterns out of Service mode?

Past that I can only assume MFP board...

Custom Search