PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous 7222 top copy tray prints off centered

Custom Search

MattPTS
02-15-2018, 06:29 PM
I attempted to upload an image of my problem but it doesnt seem to like the image.

When using the top tray to make a copy, the copy gets pushed up on the page about 3/4 of an inch and there are the black ink streaks on the bottom of the page.

When using the glass copy portion, you just get the black streaks.

Any thoughts or solutions to this problem? Our copier is out of any kind of service warranty and we are just trying to find a way to keep the machine working for us.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance!

Phil B.
02-15-2018, 06:34 PM
I attempted to upload an image of my problem but it doesnt seem to like the image.

When using the top tray to make a copy, the copy gets pushed up on the page about 3/4 of an inch and there are the black ink streaks on the bottom of the page.

Any thoughts or solutions to this problem? Our copier is out of any kind of service warranty and we are just trying to find a way to keep the machine working for us.

what is the brand of the 7222.... have you reconnected the scanner to the main unit?
cleaned the optics?
is firmware up to date?
let us know what you have tried if anything.

MattPTS
02-15-2018, 06:59 PM
bizhub 7222 Workgroup Document System is all of the info I have

At this point I have done very little to it. I have tried using the manual to troubleshoot but it is very vague.

No body at the office knows when it was last updated. It isnt connected to any computer or the internet. It is almost exclusively used as a copier.

Is there a step that I should start at for troubleshooting?

Sorry I couldnt provide much more information

Albonline
02-15-2018, 07:04 PM

What you describe with the off the glass copy happens when the optical system is bent,usually the front of 2/3 mirror frame from being cleaned and pushed down on to hard. you can check for levelness with a scale from the mirror edge to the scanner base frame . i used to see this quite a bit when that model was viable. the out of zone thing could be anything from the dial being set incorrectly to a broken side guide or even a idler roller being knocked off .

MattPTS
02-15-2018, 07:09 PM
What you describe happens when the optical system is bent,usually the front of 2/3 mirror frame from being cleaned and pushed down on to hard. you can check for levelness with a scale from the mirror edge to the scanner base frame . i used to this quite a bit when that model was viable.

I am checking to see vertically if it is leveled or along the glass scanner?

Albonline
02-16-2018, 04:41 PM
I am checking to see vertically if it is leveled or along the glass scanner?

vertically , also see if the mirrors are in the frames correctly. but think your problem is bent frame.they tend to bend at the ends where it rides on the rail.

tech51
02-16-2018, 06:38 PM
Does it do this from all of the paper trays or just tray 1.
Is the image skewed or just not centred correctly?
i haven't seen one of these for years but I do remember the paper tray guides could break causing an off centre image.
An image sample would help with diagnosing this problem

Custom Search