PDA

View Full Version : Konica 222 doc feeder not working

Custom Search

DOE
02-16-2018, 09:17 PM
Have a Konica 222 that I had to replace the solenoid to the toner unit. To do that everything out of the back and front have to come out. replaced it put it all back together and it took care of that problem and now the document feeder won't work it's not even recognizing it has one on it. I trace the wiring in there were two connectors with gray wires that went to the main board and another red and green wire that went down to a board below they were all plugged in the only thing I could see and I'm not sure of it because I didn't have my glasses and it's such a small area is there was a blue wiring harness that comes from above from the board on the top left that you can pull out that has the fax connector on it it comes out of their down to the mainboard where you plug it in the mainboard there might be a pin bent over I couldn't really tell. Does anyone know if that blue wire coming down from that board even has anything to do with the doc feeder. I don't believe it does. It looks like I've reconnected everything right I've done it over and over and yet I still not getting any power to my doc feeder. Any ideas of what I could have forgot to do or could it be a bent pin on that blue wiring harness

copyman
02-16-2018, 10:58 PM
OK, Looking at this logically it was something you did when you tore apart to replace toner part. This is how i would approach it, I would go back with a good light and glasses and go back over everything you did, check any connectors you unplugged for bent pins or plugged into wrong place. It's possible but not that easy to plug in wrong connectors. Most of the time they make the lengths of harness, different ends, etc so it can't be plugged into wrong one. My guess is something simple, bent pin, loose connector, etc.

Woxner
02-17-2018, 12:18 AM
there were three connectors in the back had to be unpluged to replace this. did by some chance you plugged this df in while machine was on? if so try leaving it unplugged then turn machine on. then turn machine off plug feeder in then turn back on. nothing from the control pwb needed to be unplugged.

DOE
02-18-2018, 12:58 PM
there were three connectors in the back had to be unpluged to replace this. did by some chance you plugged this df in while machine was on? if so try leaving it unplugged then turn machine on. then turn machine off plug feeder in then turn back on. nothing from the control pwb needed to be unplugged.

, thanks for the info but it wasn't the dog feeder I replaced it was the toner solenoid order to get this it out I had to take the board out of the back to get to a few screws. I'm going to go back tomorrow and go over every connector. I might possibly have a bent pin on the connector with the blue wiring harness that goes up to the board above it that pulls out the side that has the fax connector on it. I just didn't think that had anything to do with the doc feeder. Didn't have my glasses so I couldn't tell exactly but it look like there could have been one pin bent on that connector but I wasn't sure and if so I couldn't see it to fix it

Woxner
02-18-2018, 03:37 PM
that is possible you bent a pin. but in the future you do not need to remove the pwb to get to the screws. i have done what seems to be hundreds. also the problem with the solinoid is the foam pad goes bad. i just clean and add tape as a cushion. works everytime.

Custom Search