PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C6000 with punch reg problem

Custom Search

kenpio
02-23-2018, 12:27 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a C6000 with FS-612 and a PK-512 in it. The problem that I am having is that the punch registration is off. Running 5 prints, the punch is in different places. I have replaced the entrance rollers of the finisher and have adjusted the paper edge sensor. Just wondering if there is some solution for this. When I was changing the top roller the belt was a little loose. Could not see if there was and idler to tighten.

Thanks
KEN

blackcat4866
02-23-2018, 12:42 AM
Have you cleaned the punch paper size sensors? When they get dirty enough it will punch all over the place, and give you J7216 jams. I had a school that was using paper that was so dusty that I was cleaning these sensors on 4 day intervals. For those machines I MacGuyvered a shutter type of sensor cleaner of a sort. When the punch holes started wandering, the enduser would open the finisher door and pull out the cleaner mechanism. It was spring loaded to pop back in. I was pretty happy overall with that setup. =^..^=

kenpio
02-23-2018, 02:47 AM
I did have the punch unit out. Guess that I will take it out again and blow it out!!!

Thanks
KEN

blackcat4866
02-24-2018, 03:47 AM
I thought for sure that I attached a photo yesterday:

kenpio
02-24-2018, 04:18 AM
Thanks, I did not know those were there. I had to look it up to see where those were. I will take a look at those on Monday, I hope. ;)

kenpio
03-02-2018, 09:47 PM
Okay, I checked the sensors and it still did this. I cleaned the foil patches on the guide. I contacted KM and they said to change the sensor board and if that does not work to replace the FNS Driver board. Well I did do that with no improvement. I go into the adjust on the screen and the punch, the horizontal for the machine is at +50 and that is as far as it goes. I go to the -50 and it misses the paper. I am about to update my request on the KM site. Any suggestions before I get a around the bush answer from KM. :)

Thanks
KEN

kenpio
03-02-2018, 09:48 PM
Oh, PS. They have a C452 and did a punch job on it and the holes line up real nice.....

Synthohol
03-02-2018, 10:54 PM
what do you notice when you are jigging the door and watching the behavior of the paper?
short or excessive loop forming?
whats the punch count?

kenpio
03-05-2018, 01:36 PM
Check on the punch count of the management list and there is only 5220 on the punch. The copier has 1.6 million. This machine is counting 2 for 11x17. KM says to make sure the firmware is at 60 and to recall standard data and do punch alignments.

KEN

NorthW
03-05-2018, 05:47 PM
You mentioned the drive belt was loose, have you been able to tighten the tension for the belt?, maybe its as simple as that.

kenpio
12-06-2018, 04:49 PM
Okay,

Let revisit this. Customer tried to do punch through this. Thought that I had it licked, I guess she did not punch this whole time. So on the phone with KM and did some stuff without any success. I replace the exit sensor of the copier and exit rollers, reflashed the finisher firmware to 70, replaced the finisher control board, the finisher entrance sensor, entrance rollers. Now KM wants me to return to standard data. I was Just wondering if this was the way to go? Just out of ways to go I guess.

Thanks
KEN

Custom Search