PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 363 keeps restarting

Custom Search

mihailelea
02-23-2018, 09:21 AM
Hi!
My client just called me about his Bizhub 363 that won't start.
When he pushes the Power Button, the display comes on with the hourglass, and after a few seconds it restarts, and keeps doing this forever.
I've uploaded the video he sent me on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p50BtAJlEXY

I would appreciate any ideas.

Thank you!

kenpio
02-23-2018, 01:08 PM
Sounds like there is a job hung in the print cue. Unplug the network cable and see if it starts up. If it does, find the PC that the job is in and delete it. That is the only thing that I can think of.

KEN

rrrohan
02-23-2018, 02:25 PM
tried NV RAM reset?

mihailelea
02-23-2018, 04:04 PM
I've removed the network cable, and there is no change.
I've replaced the 2 SODIMM's with 2 SODIMM's from a Bizhub C360 witch I have in my shop (they are the same) and still no change.
Not sure what you mean by NV RAM reset. Does the replacing of the SODIMM's qualify as NV RAM reset or is there a procedure for this?
Also, I've removed the MFP Board (the one witch is the power source), removed all the cables attached to it, and cleaned all the contacts. No change.
I've unplugged the fuser cable (because I thought that maybe the fuser is drawing too much power or something like that). No change.

Any ideas are welcome, in the meantime I'll search the manual for the NV RAM procedure, or if someone is kind enough to post it here I would appreciate it.
Thanks!

mincopier
02-23-2018, 04:22 PM
I believe the NVRAM itself is bad and may require replacement. The NVRAM is in the upper right corner of the MFP board. Black plastic surround a battery. Could try removing it and reinserting to the board. A firmware upgrade may not hurt either.

mihailelea
02-23-2018, 04:37 PM
I believe the NVRAM itself is bad and may require replacement. The NVRAM is in the upper right corner of the MFP board. Black plastic surround a battery. Could try removing it and reinserting to the board. A firmware upgrade may not hurt either.

Thanks for the idea. I'll try removing and reinserting it first thing in the morning.
Do you know if the NVRAM from the Bizhub 363 can be replaced with a NVRAM from a Bizhub 223 or 283?
And about the firmware upgrade, can it be done if the machine doesn't start?

Thanks again!

mincopier
02-23-2018, 05:18 PM
BH223 and 283 are the same family. I believe they will work however counter and serial numbers follow the NVRAM. Works for testing purposes. As for firmware sometimes it will take and other times it does not. Sometime it will fix the issue and other times it does not but it is free.

CCC Repair
02-23-2018, 05:59 PM
It sounds to me that you might need to update the firmware

mihailelea
02-23-2018, 06:08 PM
I'll try a firmware upgrade in the morning, and I'll also try removing and reinserting the NVRAM.
I'll tell you what happens.
Thanks everyone for the help!

mihailelea
02-24-2018, 12:36 PM
SOLVED!

The firmware update did the job.

One of the users told me that the problem occurred when he was trying to scan something thru the network, so maybe kenpio was right and somehow that job was somehow stuck, but removing the network cable didn't fix it.

I've updated the firmware from USB and after that it started just fine.

Thanks everyone for the help!

CraigW
02-24-2018, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the info !!

Simza
05-11-2020, 04:30 PM
Hi comunity
i have problem with bizhub 363, which i have created myself. I have updated the firmware and the elctrecity was gone. Because somebody have take the power switch off.
So now i try to start the BH 363, but it shows only the Hourglass continue. please tell me what shuld i do to solve the problem.
I will be glad, If anybody can provide me NVRAM Reset tool for Bizhub 363series.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Have a good time and Stay Safe

Phil B.
05-11-2020, 05:39 PM
Hi comunity
i have problem with bizhub 363, which i have created myself. I have updated the firmware and the elctrecity was gone. Because somebody have take the power switch off.
So now i try to start the BH 363, but it shows only the Hourglass continue. please tell me what shuld i do to solve the problem.
I will be glad, If anybody can provide me NVRAM Reset tool for Bizhub 363series.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Have a good time and Stay Safe

dead thread grave digger.

start your own thread. and you will have to explain your terminology in a clearer manner.

Simza
05-11-2020, 06:02 PM
Thank you, i will do it currently.

Custom Search