PDA

View Full Version : Emulation Error KM bizhub 654e

Custom Search

jcarey
02-23-2018, 04:34 PM
Hello Everyone,
Some people in my company are having problems printing PDF files to our bizhub 654e. When they send some (but not all) PDFs to the printer it will give an error saying "Completion Error" and in the details all it says is "Emulation Error". This happened about a month ago and I recommended that they update their drivers from Konica's website. That seemed to work, but now the errors are happening again.
There are no mentions of this in the user manual and I've tried multiple google searches, but haven't found a solution. I saw a post in this forum where a user was having the same error on Linux, but the errors for me are coming from Macbooks running the latest MacOS and they aren't weird page sizes, they are normal 8.5" x 11"

Can anyone help?

Synthohol
02-24-2018, 01:27 AM
do they have the model specific PS driver installed?
did you go in the CUPS filter and check the settings?
have you told them MACs are stupid and konicas dont have this issue from PCs? (just kidding...or am I?)
put the PDF on a stick and print from the machine as a test. print the same PDF from your laptop.
process of elimination is it the file, MAC OS or drivers.

rrrohan
02-24-2018, 07:29 AM
try selecting the tick box 'print as image' in adobe

jcarey
02-26-2018, 03:29 PM
do they have the model specific PS driver installed?
To the best of my knowledge, yes. I walked them through installing the drivers about a month ago and the issue went away for a while. Perhaps this is just a sign to keep updating?

did you go in the CUPS filter and check the settings?
To be honest, I am proficient with computers, but I have no idea what the CUPS filter is. I just act as a suedo-IT support for our company when things like this aren't covered by our service contract.

have you told them MACs are stupid and konicas dont have this issue from PCs? (just kidding...or am I?)
I have. They refuse to listen to me and go spend more money on dongles and adapters. Meanwhile, my PDFs print just fine.

put the PDF on a stick and print from the machine as a test. print the same PDF from your laptop.
process of elimination is it the file, MAC OS or drivers.
I will try this and continue with the process of elimination. Thanks for the suggestions.

Synthohol
02-26-2018, 06:47 PM
Long story short the cups filter is basically the same thing as all the preferences in Windows driver that you don't see on a Mac on that printer I wrote up the process how to check the Cubs filter Elsewhere on this forum.
Google how to enable Web interface in cups.
Open a browser and go to http://localhost:631/printers and select the konica and in the administration drop down select choose default options and check all the settings.

Custom Search