PDA

View Full Version : konica c550 stopped printing but no codes says its printing?

Custom Search

dbeyma
02-24-2018, 03:18 PM
I have about 4 of these copiers in my garage for an in house print shop. I've managed to keep them running with the help of copytech. However this time I'm totally stumped. My newest c550 was running great and it stopped feeding in the middle of a job but no codes. It says it still printing but it sits there like a house on the side of the road. I tried rebooting, trouble reset and everything. Not my driver or network because even a simple copy it scans says it's printing but nothing....any help would be much appreciated. I do know a konica tech and he didn't have any ideas other then replace the main board. I have two other parts copiers in my shed but those are c451's. Same board? Thanks

copyman
02-24-2018, 03:42 PM
sounds like one of the consumables is end of life? I have seen where messages are turned off and machine stops because of consumable with no indication of what's wrong.

dbeyma
02-24-2018, 04:18 PM
Thanks, I immediately thought that was the problem stupid me. So ran down and checked all the toners, image units, fuser , transfer belt etc. all good. Then turned the notifications back on, same thing..:mad:. I might just swap out the image units . Give it the old college try
I've tried all the paper trays still no codes says its printing but nothing:confused:
It really isn't an emergency I got this copier on ebay for $25.00 (nothing to lose) and ran a bunch of jobs on it so it might just get shipped to the shed for a a parts machine. I've found out these are cheaper and less hassle to replace then fix sometimes. I do think your on to something, is there any other notifications that may be shut off?

copyman
02-24-2018, 05:28 PM
only thing comes to mind is waste box & hole punch scraps if you have a finisher with punch. Since you have those other machines wouldn't hurt to change all consumables. Will it print the internal test pages?

Some other thoughts:

Did you try and cancel all pending jobs on copier side and computer side? Unplug net cable, turn off "main switch" and pwr back on? Maybe try to initialize machine? If it has a finisher remove and try.

Boards are the same.

dbeyma
02-24-2018, 07:11 PM
Man I thought that would be it , I was getting some jams between the main unit and the finisher....
But, I emptied scrap from hole punch , changed waste box, unhooked the finisher, restarted. Initialized. Still nothing, won't print test sheets. Won't print a copy. Next step is to swap image units transfer belt and fuser.

I got a feeling it's something real stupid and I'll be reluctant to admit it on this forum...:rolleyes:

Synaux
02-24-2018, 09:25 PM
$25.00? wow...

Did you look under Service Mode for Jams/Warning/Service Calls under Counter or just going off the main display??
Same question for the life of consumables, I seem to recall having one that did this with a fuser that out of life (over 300k).

If all that is good do a check on the ram and format the hard drive.

Woxner
02-25-2018, 04:52 AM
reset fuser and transfer belt. then try firmware if that does not work

rrrohan
02-25-2018, 06:42 AM
could be a dead hard drive. considering the age it wouldn't be to surprising

dbeyma
02-25-2018, 02:40 PM
reset fuser and transfer belt. then try firmware if that does not work

Yes, it was the fuser, soldered in a new pico fuse and Jackpot, can't thank you guys enough......copytech has saved me again........I used to stress and my heart would miss a beat every time my machines went down in the middle of a job. Flying without a service contract and or lease can be quite stressful with deadlines and outrageous turn around times. But I learned I have to have at least 3 machines running and a couple parts machines. I know these machines are old but I call them my cash cows, I get them cheap and run them until they die. Before I sign out I will contribute to the cause.....:D

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdczmvAuGlmB-GWMQjqUOD_et-HdbJyJWI6KzY2KxiNuw1yi2F

Synaux
02-25-2018, 09:13 PM
Yes, it was the fuser, soldered in a new pico fuse and Jackpot, can't thank you guys enough......copytech has saved me again........I used to stress and my heart would miss a beat every time my machines went down in the middle of a job. Flying without a service contract and or lease can be quite stressful with deadlines and outrageous turn around times. But I learned I have to have at least 3 machines running and a couple parts machines. I know these machines are old but I call them my cash cows, I get them cheap and run them until they die. Before I sign out I will contribute to the cause.....:D

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdczmvAuGlmB-GWMQjqUOD_et-HdbJyJWI6KzY2KxiNuw1yi2F

Glad you got it working!!

copyman
02-25-2018, 11:08 PM
Glad you got it working. I'm sure the admin appreciate the donation:D

Custom Search