PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C360 Trouble Code C-2558

Custom Search

mihailelea
02-24-2018, 05:47 PM
Hi!
I have in my shop a Bizhub C360 displaying Trouble Code C-2558 after a few prints.
I know it refers to Abnormally Hi Toner Ratio, and it usually has something to do with the drum units or the developer, but the Black Drum Unit is at 65%, the Color Drum Units are at 89%, and the Developer Black is at 33%, Developer Color at 66%.
I had the same issue with a Bizhub 363, after Developer change it kept displaying this code, but after I did a TCR Adjustment it was ok.
But I can't find TCR Adjustment in the C360's Service Mode.
Do you think is there something I can try before starting to replace Developers and Drum Units?

Thank you!

Synthohol
02-24-2018, 11:53 PM
are you using OEM toner? because it has extra DV in it that replenishes as its lost.

blackcat4866
02-25-2018, 12:43 AM
The MFP recognizes when a new developing unit is installed and automatically does a stir. There is no other developer stir function. Even if there was, it's a bad idea to run the developer stir when you know for sure that the developer does not have the correct toner density ratio. On machines that can stir on demand, it immediately codes out the machine, and you must change the developer before you do anything else.

OEM toner? =^..^=

mihailelea
02-25-2018, 11:12 AM
I'm pretty sure the toner is OEM, but not 100% sure. The toner bottle is OEM... I can't guaranty for the toner inside the bottle.
I don't know were the MFP was before ending up in my shop.
I'll try replacing the toner and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Any other ideas are welcome.

Thanks!

Don N.
02-28-2018, 11:49 PM
My guess is someone chipped/reset the K drum. A K dev. new oem unit is not that expensive. It will calibrate itself on install. I would run gradation test charts and look for shaded lines. That's a strong indication the K drum is shot.

Dev. colors at 66%... I see overtoning, dusting through the machine on colors (usually yellow) at about 80k pages. My point is when you need new color dev's, order the color replacement bags of dev & reset chips. They will immediately stir & calibrate & reset the life counts. Run the gradation adjust for print & copy. Don't just chip/reset the drums. They will pull dev. & make you do them again. Just rebuild or replace the drums when quality problems arise, and run gradation adjust at that time as well.

I had a c2558 every morning at a construction trailer getting very cold at night. Probably condensation got in bc soon after, we got all kinds of strange high voltage behavior. Running solid 255 black & color tests revealed white bands at regular intervals. Went through several replacement drums & dev's before we realized it's H.V. related.

myster
03-01-2018, 05:43 PM
What is the value of the TCR?
Service mode --> state confirmation--> level history 1.
If the value is less than 5% the machine needs toner.
If the value is more than 10%, try resetting the developer to read the TCR again

copier tech
03-04-2018, 09:40 AM
What is the print quality like, run gradation test prints, any issues with black?

What fw version are you on?

mihailelea
03-08-2018, 12:32 PM
SOLVED!

It was the toner.
I think someone refilled the toner bottle with some kind of bad toner before the printer ended up in my shop.
I've put in a new OEM toner, ran a few half tones tests, and the error code is not showing up anymore.

Thank's everyone for the ideas!

blackcat4866
03-09-2018, 01:13 AM
Congratulations on your success. =^..^=

copier tech
03-09-2018, 07:00 AM
SOLVED!

It was the toner.
I think someone refilled the toner bottle with some kind of bad toner before the printer ended up in my shop.
I've put in a new OEM toner, ran a few half tones tests, and the error code is not showing up anymore.

Thank's everyone for the ideas!

Another example of non OEM causing issues!

90% of all print quality issues is caused by this poor quality substitute!

Don N.
03-09-2018, 01:12 PM
Another example of non OEM causing issues!

90% of all print quality issues is caused by this poor quality substitute!

FYI, We run 100% compatibles from Color Imaging in Ga. USA made. No problems in about 100 or so C220, C224e, 223 224e series.

copier tech
03-09-2018, 09:32 PM
FYI, We run 100% compatibles from Color Imaging in Ga. USA made. No problems in about 100 or so C220, C224e, 223 224e series.

There are so many differant compatibles out there, you have managed to find an acceptable brand (for now)

cristachecri
01-23-2020, 08:54 AM
Good morning everyone
I am interested if there is anyone who can help me with a problem that appeared on a Bizhub C360. I replaced all the color cylinders (cmy) with the black cylinders original because they are cheaper of course changing the chips on each color. It's ok but a C2554 error appeared on the magenta color developer. I also replace the chip on the magenta development unit but for nothing, the error persists. The tcr value for all development modules is about 6 - 7 percent. When c2554 appears this value is 11-12 percent
I mention that I use original toners. Does anyone know how to store the TCR (toner density in the developer) value on this device or how this setting can be made ? I also replaced the magenta development module with one that has expired in terms of number of prints (115,000) with a new chip, the result being all error c2554. Thx

Don N.
01-23-2020, 01:19 PM
cristachecri-
C2554 = high M tcr level.
You have over 115k on it. These series color units dont get dv from the toner like the newer ones. A chip alone wont fix that. Even if you ran full 255 M halftones and lean it down to about 7% and re-chip it I wouldn't trust that old dv. You need to replace the dv and chip. I would do all 3 color dv's.

Custom Search