PDA

View Full Version : Reset bizhub 500 fuser

Custom Search

fixthecopier
09-16-2008, 11:27 PM
First one I had come up. I reset counters and when that did not clear the message I opened up the unit looking for a fuse. What am I misssing? I will replace the unit with a new one I ordered and rebuild the old one. Is there a any thing I should replace aside from the normal stuff, shuch as a gear that will fail the second time around? Please help, I haven't called Konica Minolta in 5 years, why start now?

rocky246
09-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Need to select System 1 in service mode. Select Initialization. Select counters at the bottom of the screen. Reset fuser counter. This will not reset the counters you reset earlier. Need to reset again to be percise. I believe this is for version 30 and later firmware. This message will not appear with earlier versions. I have let these fusers go way past 250,000.
The orange rollers will probably fail before the heat roll and pressure roll. We replace the whole unit. Alot of work and time consuming to replace rollers. The fuser drive gears also wear out all the time. KonicaMinolta has "tried" different gears, but all of them are junk!

bigmark
09-17-2008, 02:35 AM
update your firmware to at least 31, then in the tech mode, initialization there is a fuser PM counter reset.

fixthecopier
09-17-2008, 11:12 AM
I thank you both for your timely responce. Good info that will make my day better. If I would have looked harder, where would I have found this info? I was in the service manuals, but I have been slammed lately and may have missed it.

bigmark
09-17-2008, 11:48 AM
its in the solutions from Konica. It was a known issue with firmware levels 20 and up.

Downunder
09-19-2008, 11:36 AM
The firmware as discussed earlier needs to be version 31. If the firmware is pre version 25 the "please replace fuser" sign doesnt come up. The webs on these fusers last for about 260,000. They can be fitted either as a roll or a complete web kit.

The gears have been modified as well as the bracket that holds them, plus a new shaft. The bearings tend to disintegrate. Where the little ball bearings end up is anyone's guess. Havnt found them yet.

Custom Search