PDA

View Full Version : BHC364e Service mode lock out.

Custom Search

MORGY
03-07-2018, 07:55 AM
Hi All

Initially the machine had a continous reboot fault. I then replaced the main board and upgraded the firmware. After power on the machine booted up fine and I was able to do copies, print meter report and the config page. Data back up of the serial number and and counts has been done automatically and is all good for this.
I also wanted to login to the service mode however the CE password is not working. I even tried the admin mode to change the network data and is the same, locked out. I then tried entering the service mode through the trouble reset mode but nothing.

At the mean time fault escalation and firmware search on CSES is impossible as the site for my region is down.

I also remember entering the service mode by opening and closing the front cover while pressing the Menue key but forgot the pattern how to do this.

Can someone help here with a default password or some idea?

Thanks

Albonline
03-07-2018, 07:43 PM
Hi All

Initially the machine had a continous reboot fault. I then replaced the main board and upgraded the firmware. After power on the machine booted up fine and I was able to do copies, print meter report and the config page. Data back up of the serial number and and counts has been done automatically and is all good for this.
I also wanted to login to the service mode however the CE password is not working. I even tried the admin mode to change the network data and is the same, locked out. I then tried entering the service mode through the trouble reset mode but nothing.

At the mean time fault escalation and firmware search on CSES is impossible as the site for my region is down.

I also remember entering the service mode by opening and closing the front cover while pressing the Menue key but forgot the pattern how to do this.

Can someone help here with a default password or some idea?

Thanks

hold reset key while power on, if it gets to trouble reset, log into service mode from there.

copier tech
03-07-2018, 08:09 PM
hold reset key while power on, if it gets to trouble reset, log into service mode from there.

Read the post he tried that!

For continue rebooting the correct procedure is to replace the SSD (with a new one) & then update the firmware.

If you replaced a used mainboard did you follow the recommended procedure?

I would fit the original boards back & start again.

MORGY
03-07-2018, 09:22 PM
Read the post he tried that!

For continue rebooting the correct procedure is to replace the SSD (with a new one) & then update the firmware.

If you replaced a used mainboard did you follow the recommended procedure?

I would fit the original boards back & start again.

A new main board was fitted. Had no problems at power on, only when logging in to admin mode and service mode.

All recommended steps in the service manual was followed however I can't access the service mode to complete some settings.

Thanks.

Custom Search