PDA

View Full Version : c654 memory issue

Custom Search

swaggen
03-12-2018, 05:08 AM
I have 3 C654s . They all have the same memory capacity. 2800 mb something to that effect. Even though that is the case. One of the printers can only take jobs over 3 k pages. The other can 6k pages. And the best one can take 25k plus.

What happens when they reach their limit? Fail to print without printing a page or fail to print while printing a document.

We tested all with the same file.

Memory cant be bought for these that I can find. Manufacture back order.

Any ideas on how repair current issue with under preforming memory? My tech cannot solve.

Where can I buy memory not from dealer? ( on manufacture back order)

allan
03-12-2018, 06:12 AM
The RAM is only working memory, it uses the HDD to swap out memory.
If the machines should do the same.
Make sure all of them is on the same firmware and give the HDD's a format then check it.

copyman
03-12-2018, 01:54 PM
I agree, do a logical format of the HDD's. FYI you will need to reinstall the movie animation f/w and address book after formatting. You can save settings before formatting then put them back in.

mo0651
03-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Is this happening when printing? What print driver are you using? Try the PCL driver and same print job.:cool:

swaggen
03-12-2018, 04:55 PM
Is this happening when printing? What print driver are you using? Try the PCL driver and same print job.:cool:

We have formatted already. Its occurring sometimes during the print, and before. Depending on the job. There is not relationship to job mb size when this happens.

swaggen
03-12-2018, 05:00 PM

Yeap does it with the PCL driver.

Custom Search