PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Is Bizhub C280 Worth Keeping at 827K ?

Custom Search

Doug James
03-13-2018, 07:45 PM
I have a customer who is having C3721 fuser errors. about 1 per week. As I said, it has 827K on machine. The developers are starting to give warning message. It does not have FW-G00-C2 firmware or nor do I have the ability to install it. Copies look great but the Black developer is starting to fail. I am at a total loss on what to recommend to this customer. It needs developer cartridges and a new fuser also need (1) image unit so far. (The Image units they have in stock.) Any comments would be very appreciated to head this customer in the right direction...

allan
03-13-2018, 08:23 PM
Problem is to get it going strong again is 1/3 of the cost of a new machine, or just less expensive than a runner with less miles on.
If done right its not done yet.

The parts here is expensive for original stuff and most of those machines would meet there fate between 800K and 1.2M.

Its a great machine and will do much more than 1.2M if maintained.

EarthKmTech
03-13-2018, 11:46 PM
I had 2 x c220's with over 2 million on each of them on a remote island, those machines will never die if maintained. However, these did not have option tray units or finishers and the charge per page was epic by the end. This is why print costs should increase yearly to cover the cost of maintenance of old machines and to encourage updating. The less accessories the better, less to go wrong and if customers don't want to buy new its fine, as there will still be good money in the print charges.

rrrohan
03-14-2018, 04:32 AM
C364 series is huge improvement. We had on some remote island 2 hours flight away. If its not the left cover assy being broken its the clear guides in tra1 one and 2.

Your obviously not in sales if your not upgrading this already

3ktlc
03-14-2018, 01:39 PM
The machine will last well past a million pages. Is it a chargeable call? Is the customer willing to pay for all of that?

Doug James
03-15-2018, 02:22 AM
The machine will last well past a million pages. Is it a chargeable call? Is the customer willing to pay for all of that?The customer is going to stick with the machine and throw some money into it. If you ask me, you can't beat the copy quality...

EarthKmTech
03-15-2018, 01:21 PM
The customer is going to stick with the machine and throw some money into it. If you ask me, you can't beat the copy quality...

It's actually worse on the 4 & e series, and then worse again on the 8 series. 9 series colour remains to be seen, hopefully its an improvement

copier addict
03-15-2018, 01:39 PM
It's actually worse on the 4 & e series, and then worse again on the 8 series. 9 series colour remains to be seen, hopefully its an improvement

Although the installation manual for the 4 and 8 series machines don't tell you to run the gradation at set up, in my experience if you don't run it the colour quality is quite bad. Once it is run the quality is at least as good as the C360 series

EarthKmTech
03-16-2018, 12:23 PM
Even properly adjusted I have found the 4, E and 8 series image density to be inferior to that of the older generations, even more so on duplex printing. They are also significantly less tolerant of budget office papers from China flooding the market currently. Granted you can make them perform as well as older generations by taking full manual control of transfer voltages, dropping fuser temp and upping tcr levels but this shouldn't need to be done when previous generations did the job with the same paper just fine on full auto.

Custom Search