PDA

View Full Version : C-DO12 error

Custom Search

swaggen
03-19-2018, 03:12 AM
I was rewriting the drive to attempt to fix a job fail issue.... I conducted a format and received this code. The Fax unit was removed by my old tech as a horse trade because he needed it for another job and I would never use it.

I believe now after the Format the printer is looking for it, How do I keep the start up from looking for it?

jasoon88
03-19-2018, 03:17 AM
In service mode, I believe in system 1, option board unset fax 1

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

B0265
03-19-2018, 09:07 AM
Did you do a logical format of the HDD?

swaggen
03-19-2018, 05:15 PM
Did you do a logical format of the HDD?

Nope physical. Do I need to update firmware? I have no idea how to do that.

Synthohol
03-19-2018, 05:42 PM
As mentioned above turn off fax circuit 1
Also a logical format is in order. It only takes like 2 minutes. The physical one takes hours.
Then make sure hdd is turned on in service mide.
Reinstall movie data.
That should be it unless the HDd is no good.
Never do a physical format. Waste of time.

copier addict
03-19-2018, 09:06 PM
I have looked through several service manuals and failed to find a C-D012 error code. What machine are you dealing with.
For your own information C-D codes are related to HDD and C-B codes are related to fax.
I suggest you do a logical format and install movies data as synthohol suggested. That should fix it up.

swaggen
03-20-2018, 12:38 AM
I have looked through several service manuals and failed to find a C-D012 error code. What machine are you dealing with.
For your own information C-D codes are related to HDD and C-B codes are related to fax.
I suggest you do a logical format and install movies data as synthohol suggested. That should fix it up.

I did a failed attempt to update the firmware and the issue resolved itself. So weird.

B0265
03-20-2018, 09:56 AM
Nope physical. Do I need to update firmware? I have no idea how to do that.

You must do the logical format after the physical.

Asaadahmed003
03-30-2021, 04:10 PM
A late reply but someone might need it

What i do to fix this code is:
1- unset the fax unit
2- do a logical format for the HDD
3- uninstall the HDD
4- turn off then on the machine
5- install the HDD back

And that's it, it should fix the code 😊

djdn
04-14-2022, 06:21 PM
A late reply but someone might need it

What i do to fix this code is:
1- unset the fax unit
2- do a logical format for the HDD
3- uninstall the HDD
4- turn off then on the machine
5- install the HDD back

And that's it, it should fix the code 😊

No such luck. Any other ideas?

nathicana
04-15-2022, 05:32 PM
No such luck. Any other ideas?

When Konica Minolta machines go back to the leasing company I run "overwrite all" in the administrator menu and sometimes get the dreaded D012.

If you have already done a logical format do the firmware and it may resolve the code.

You can also try uninstalling the hard drive which I think is under system 2 in technician mode but functionality may be affected.

The bigger machines like a C754e seem especially prone to D012 codes after a physical format or data overwrite.

Custom Search