PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Di 3510 Toner Drive locked and popping

Custom Search

xeroid
09-18-2008, 01:21 PM
With the bottle assy pulled out you can see and hear the drives popping in the rear. Should I order the whole drive assy? Where can I find the part numbers and a replacement procedure?

Raymondd
09-18-2008, 05:55 PM
XEROID,
Sounds like the wrong toner was insalled. The drive assy. has a shaft that bends and the gears do not match up. the part # for the assy. is 4030-0214-02.
I have not found a procedure for replacing this bracket.
Start w/removing all covers inside of the cavity (plastic and metal)Its not hard just time consuming!!

Ray

ToshibaTech
09-19-2008, 01:57 AM
Been a while, but if I remember correctly there is usually one big gear that torques the metal frame of that gear pack and bends it. Seems like a couple e-clips popped off sometimes too. I think there may have been a beefier bracket made at one point you could probably order that. In the mean time I used to just reach in there and bend the gear shaft back straight. As long as the e-clips are still on it will run fine for a while until you can get the right part, and this will save you from tearing it out of there right now. It's hard to explain, remove as much as you need to to see in there. The gear is about 1-2" round and will be torqued to the side. At least, that's the problem I used to see all the time.

HTH

xeroid
10-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Sorry I didn't reply sooner but you were spot on with the bracket. Thanks

Custom Search